Author Topic: Any planned 2019 purchases?  (Read 3055 times)

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
Re: Any planned 2019 purchases?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 08:42:45 AM »
I think I am going to go Old School and buy a Black Powder Pistol.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 09:03:34 AM »
I think I am going to go Old School and buy a Black Powder Pistol.

I had (gave to my son) a Cap & Ball "rifle" - the Lock showed a Crown and has the date "1862" - used to load it with a 30/06 shell casing full of black powder - melted lead and made Balls to shoot - the barrel was .52 caliber

Black Powder 'twas a bitch to clean - unscrewed the end cap and soaked the barrel in the bath tub, dried then oiled
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »
I'm sorta hijacking the "planned purchases" part of this thread and if so, please feel free to delete my post.....

not planning on "purchasing" any of these but they're on my list of "I'd sure like to have 'em"..... all Luger pistols :

1)  a 1906 model Navy Luger (produced 1906-1914) - a 9mm (Luger) with a 6" barrel (in my opinion the most beautiful of all the Luger pistols !)

2)  a 1906 American Eagle Luger (produced 1906-1912) 9mm (just 'cause it's got the American Eagle on it..)

3)  a 1906 Swiss Commercial (produced 1909-1910) in 7.65 caliber with a 4.75" barrel (the Swiss were perhaps even more fastidious than were the Germans in their production of "fine" mechanical things)

(there were also the Artillery Lugers, with an 8" barrel and the Carbine Luger with an 11.75" barrel - no interest in those)

Offline Smokewagon

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »
Well, I hadn't planned on buying any firearms in 2019, but I suddenly got the Glock bug.  So I bought one several days ago.  G19 gen 4.
I've had it out twice so far, and plan to get out again today, if this cloud cover lifts and it warms up a little more. I like it! :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »
Well, I hadn't planned on buying any firearms in 2019, but I suddenly got the Glock bug.  So I bought one several days ago.  G19 gen 4.
I've had it out twice so far, and plan to get out again today, if this cloud cover lifts and it warms up a little more. I like it! :th_thicon_idea:

nice pistols - have 2 of 'em (Wife and myself) - had the slide milled on mine to accept an RDS, really no need to have done that (just bored, so.....) - left the Wife's stock

enjoy it

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 01:38:49 AM »
I only have a couple that I'd like to get this year. One, a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull, or the S&W 460, and then either a Rock Island Armory, or MetroArms 1911 in 38 Super for project build I have in mind.

The only other one that is not a priority, but if I run across one, the Sig P365 as an upgrade for my pocket carry pistol. I'd like to upgrade to 9mm from my Bersa 380.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »
I'd like to upgrade to 9mm from my Bersa 380.

I see CZ is building the PCR in larger numbers again. ( decocker) I would pay to take a good hard look at one .  :th_thicon_idea:

The CZ Rami is even smaller and can go in a pocket, but they still seem hard to find.

I EDC a PCR and my wife carrys a Rami BD ( both decockers) . We love em.

Good luck.  :wave1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »
Beretta 92X looks very sweet. :)

I actually don't think I have anything planned. I'm looking to spend more money on training and ammo than anything else.
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »
Beretta 92X looks very sweet. :)

I actually don't think I have anything planned. I'm looking to spend more money on training and ammo than anything else.

Hey Jeb, good to see you back on the board.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2019, 04:44:43 PM »
I'm thinking about putting a Tracking Point scope on Boomer.

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
I'm around. Having a 3 year old is nowhere near as much fun as I remembered. (Or my wife remembered anyway). Lol. I'm going to try and do some catching up and post a little more around here.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
If your going to replace that Steiner T5xi on Boomer I'll give you $50 a Klondike Bar and a six pack of Shiner for it.  :thumbsup1:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »
If your going to replace that Steiner T5xi on Boomer I'll give you $50 a Klondike Bar and a six pack of Shiner for it.  :thumbsup1:

Sold! (that is if I get to pick the 50 $1 Morgan Silver dollars.  And you can keep the Shiner, but I'll take a DP instead) :)

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 06:54:31 PM »

I see CZ is building the PCR in larger numbers again. ( decocker) I would pay to take a good hard look at one .  :th_thicon_idea:

The CZ Rami is even smaller and can go in a pocket, but they still seem hard to find.

I have had my Rami since 2006 and have put about 6000 rounds threw it and it is still as tight as the day I bought it.
It is all metal  with out the decocker.
I never leave home with out it. :th_thicon_idea:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 07:54:47 PM »

Sold! (that is if I get to pick the 50 $1 Morgan Silver dollars.  And you can keep the Shiner, but I'll take a DP instead) :)
I actually have four Morgan Silver Dollars (thanks to my father in law) but they were graded fair to good. Worth a couple of hundred at best. And a six pack (if there is such a thing) of Dom Perignon?  I'll pass.  :th_thicon_funny:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »

I have had my Rami since 2006 and have put about 6000 rounds threw it and it is still as tight as the day I bought it.
It is all metal  with out the decocker.
I never leave home with out it. :th_thicon_idea:

Yupper. My PCR gotta be close to 2500 down the pipe. Its a 2013. I carry it EVERYDAY . The coating is  starting too wear off a little.  I'm hard on my EDC and  impressed how good the poly coat has held up.  . Never had a malfunction. It can also run my 16 round full size mags no problem. It also holds a tighter group @ 25 yards than my Beretta 92's. My 75 BD's are  more of a barbeque gun. I carry them but not often. The PCR is just to darn comfy to conceal. I also had a P-01, which ran flawless, but gave it to my son. He needed a good easy to conceal EDC and I was afraid he might buy a POS. So problem solved.  :thumbsup1:

My wifes 2075 D Rami is low mileage. Maybe 400 rounds fired. ( Prolly stay that way since I need signatures from at least 3 heads of state just to clean  it . :th_thicon_funny: )
  When it was brand new, there were plastic casting burrs on the grip extender for the 14 round mags. It  FTF'ed  with the 14 rd mags like 3 times in a row the 1st time we tried the 14 rd mag. I seen right off what the problem was. . . The plastic casting  burrs were just enough to make the 14 rd mag hard to lock in.  I sanded the casting burrs off the grip extender and it has not missed a tick since. So it was no fault of the Rami, and later found out a common problem with the mag extenders. She even runs my 16 rd mags from my full size 75 series. Runs like a champ. Its never had a malfunction with the 10 rd mags.

Accurate little bugger too.  :thumbsup1:

I keep 16 round full size spare mags stashed in our vehicles and around the house. So it dont really matter which one of us is in what vehicle, or wherever. Dont matter if we have a 75BD, PCR, P-01, or Rami.  Either one of us could grab and use 16 round spares no matter where or when if needed. They run fine in any 75 series. I thought that was pretty cool CZ had the idea to make that work that way. :th_thicon_idea:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Babbalou1956

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 02:28:56 PM »
I hadn't planned on buying a new gun this year but I just did. Went to Academy for ammo, saw the new Taurus TX22 & took a look. The most comfortable pistol I've ever picked up. Perfect grip. Excellent trigger & accurate too. 16 round magazine, striker fired. Front sight needs to be a little higher, it shot a little high. Rear sight is adjustable but mine's bottomed out, not quite enough. Also seriously needs a magazine loader but Taurus is supposed to start making those soon & including them in the box. Some Youtube guys say these eat up Walmart bulk ammo, I haven't tried the cheap stuff yet. Fun gun at a great price & cheap to shoot, 22 LR. Yeah it's a Taurus but they put some thought into this pistol.
(2) Ruger LCR 38
Ruger 22/45
SIG P290RS
SIG P250 .45
SIG P250 9mm SC
Beretta Pico 380
Taurus 66 .357
Taurus TX22
Marlin 795 .22 rifle

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 03:03:57 PM »
The new Beretta 92x has my attention fo sho. Not sure when it will be released - but it is the only thing in a while to catch my attention.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »
The new Beretta 92x has my attention fo sho. Not sure when it will be released - but it is the only thing in a while to catch my attention.
Ship, you still don't have enough Beretta's. 

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
Ship, you still don't have enough Beretta's.

Sho nuff don't  :P