Author Topic: Any planned 2019 purchases?  (Read 786 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Any planned 2019 purchases?
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:05:59 AM »
What is everyone's 1st, planned 2019 gun purchase?

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Any planned 2019 purchases?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:22:34 AM »
nope
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
This would probably have to qualify as my first new gun for 2019 even though I technically picked it up on the 29th.  (Haven’t shot it yet).  My second Beretta Px4 Storm in 45ACP (full size) 10+1, joins my 9mm Compact Storm which has been my EDC for the past couple of years.
Planning to set this one up as my primary Home Defense [bedside/nightstand] gun.  Initially envision some Tritium Night Sights and a weapons light (probably a Streamlight TLR-2 G).
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Online DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:47:11 AM »
If I buy one in 2019, it will be ANOTHER CZ  PCR since they are producing them again.

Ive been EDC'ing a PCR for several years 99% of the time.
Its my favorite Conceal EDC Ive had in 32 years.
While the P-01 is an awesome replacement on all counts, I hate hate hate the pic rail.

The PCR  comes factory with several things most do NOT have.

Extended mag release.
loaded chamber indicator.  :thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: :thumbsup1: Which I love love love.
Combat night sights. ( pretty good, but I change those to Truglo TFX anyway)
Slimline tapered frame. ( easy to conceal and comfy.)
lanyard ring.
(My 2013 built PCR  has a stainless trigger) which is not common.

So Id like to have an extra PCR.  :thumbsup1:

Probably one of the most under rated CZ pistols IMO.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »
I've been trying to make myself decide for a while between the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion for a Pistol Caliber Carbine for competition (and fun).
Now that Sig bought our a "competition ready" MPX PCC, I've decided to jump on it.
Soon as I find one for a decent price, I'll take it.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »

Now that Sig bought our a "competition ready" MPX PCC, I've decided to jump on it.

Offline Geoman

• Owns a Gunbelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 09:27:18 PM »
Torn: Either a PX-4 F in .45 or a Grand Power 10mm.  Both have a rotating barrel and my personal experience with the PX-4 is that it's a soft shooter.  Sold it easy in my CCW life because it was not as easily concealable as others, but have since learned how to better conceal thicker pistols.

Saving my ¢.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 02:23:46 AM »
Wife is getting new dining room table & chairs. 
What should my next equivalent purchase be?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 08:28:14 AM »
Wife is getting new dining room table & chairs. 
What should my next equivalent purchase be?

Gun cases you can sit on?  :P

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 04:11:27 PM »
I've been trying to make myself decide for a while between the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion for a Pistol Caliber Carbine for competition (and fun).
Have a CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1 and a Freedom Ordnance FX 9 AR 15 Carbine that takes Glock magazines. I paid right at $1500 for both and they are great shooters. Wouldn't mind having a SIG MPX but can't justify the $1700 - $2000 price tag. Right now I'm looking at both a CMMG MK4 Banshee and a Extar 9 but will probably hold off on that until later this year.

My first priority this year is another .380. Haven't decided which one but I'll figure it out pretty quick.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
I could probably come up with a list a mile long. but the truth is I rarely plan my purchases.

Offline Ricochet

• Gun Show Attendee
  • Gun Shop Vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
I could probably come up with a list a mile long. but the truth is I rarely plan my purchases.

Same here.  I never really plan on purchases, they just seem to happen.  My wish list is a mile long filled with a lot of firearms I cant afford.

Online busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 12:14:37 PM »
I like to say “logic” dictates my purchases (...or, at least, that’s what I *like* to tell myself!). 

Seriously, I do try to avoid “impulse buys” (especially on big ticket items).  My modus operandi usually involves identifying some kind of perceived need OR desire to be filled.  And then I typically wait to make the purchase until I can find it at a good sale price.

Such was the PX4 Storm (mentioned previously in this thread) at Cabela’s with their sale price of $400.  And of course, I’m now in the same waiting mode on Beretta, to put the 45-cal magazines on sell.  Sooner or later, they’ll do that and I’ll grab a few extra magazines for my new acquisition.

My philosophy is, if it’s a *real* need or a *real* desire, ‘time’ won’t make that fade.  That’s a void that will exist six months from now, just as strongly as it exists today.  And if it doesn’t, did I really need it that badly?  Just my approach; YMMV! 
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Online DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »

The JR Carbine is no competition shooter, But they will run dirty,clean, and any ammo Ive stuffed in,  it dont matter. Ive ran mine over 1500 rounds without cleaning. It was filthy, but it still ran no problem. The design blows most of the powder deposits out the ejection port. So while the outside was filthy, pulling the bolt if was surprisingly clean. The mags also get really dirty on top,, but seem fine inside.

But  Id highly recommend the glock mag versions, as the S&w mags is reported to not to like running in the JRC.
Iv e never had a jam or misfire in any way that was the rifles fault in over 7000 rounds ..

They are deadly accurate cold bore to 200 yards, but after 50 or so rapid fired  rounds,  the group opens up.
They also use AR furniture and trigger group.

I use mine for a varmintor with a night scope & green laser light. Works great. Not much  louder than a 22 lr,, but less than a 22 mag.

Its no competition shooter, but a fun, reliable, and cold bore accurate carbine.

I really was wanting the CZ back when I bought the JRC , until they made separate mags for it. I thought that was just ignorant since I have about 25 CZ 16 round 75 series mags. That made little sense to me.

So when I bought the JRC, I just went and bought about a dozen G17 gluck mags.
I dont own a gluck,, but their mags are easy to find, fairly cheap, and work.

I read really good stuff about the Sig, but the price was a small point. Its was almost double the  JRC back then.

Good luck Dom.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Axxe55

• Hits the Target
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
I'm hoping I can add the Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull to my collection this year. plus get started on few project guns, like a 1911 in 38 Super I'd like to build.

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »
Anyone here cranked a Gatling gun?  THat seems like something fun, and I understand they're actually pretty good investments.

Online DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 11:03:42 PM »
I popped a coyote with the JRC 9mm tonight. @ about 75 yards. He was in the field out from the house making racket. Dropped him like a brick. I seen the eye shine in the scope with the green laser light, heard the plop and saw him spin and go down. But by the time I  got my boots on and got out there, he was gone. Blood everywhere. He was facing me at an angle, I think I may have grazed the shoulder and hit em in the guts.  Tough bastards.  :sick2:
He wont be dampening my door step again anyway. 124 grains of FMJ lead poisoning.  :th_thicon_idea:

Thats one thing kinda weird about a 9mm carbine. The bullet makes a ridiculously LOUD PLOP when you hit a critter.
There is no mistaking it.  :thumbsup1:

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 11:19:40 PM »
I’m envious.
Wish I had a back yard and coyotes I could shoot there at night with Boomer.  :)

(And neighbors that wouldn’t get PO’d)

Offline Ranger99

• Professional Target Hanger
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »
I popped a coyote with the JRC 9mm tonight. . . . .
thank you.  :th_thicon_idea: one down, twenty gazzilion to go
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Online DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »
I popped a coyote with the JRC 9mm tonight. . . . .
thank you.  :th_thicon_idea: one down, twenty gazzilion to go

I shoot EVERY one I see. One reason I like a CZ carry pistol. Very accurate at long range.
I live rural. And Ill give em the whole mag if need be. Lol.  :P