Author Topic: ..not much here of interest lately, so..  (Read 733 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
..not much here of interest lately, so..
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
been doin' an internet search for the closest indoor pistol ranges - haven't shot in a while and need to keep (somewhat) current

have so many pistols that I'd like to shoot but absolutely hate cleaning 'em so will choose maybe 4 to take :

1) the Coonan, for sure, my favorite to shoot
2) my Luger "shooter", just 'cause
3) a Revolver (but which one)
4) maybe my G24 (.40)

decisions, decisions      :thinker:
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..not much here of interest lately, so..
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
I'm going to try and hit the  indoor range tomorrow afternoon. Taking my new to me S&W pre model 10, one of my 9mm carbines, Hi Power, P-38 and my Colt Detective Special. Keeping it simple.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 02:54:36 AM »
I consider cleaning my guns a form of free THERAPY.  :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »

wish you lived closer, I'd do a lot more shooting (.....if I could talk you into "THERAPYing" my firearms)

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »

wish you lived closer, I'd do a lot more shooting (.....if I could talk you into "THERAPYing" my firearms)

That would of course mean I get to shoot them too.  :P Thats how that works.  :th_thicon_lol:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »
Tango whats keeping ya from shooting on your own property.
Seems like youd have plenty o room for a nice range.

I bought land so as to avoid indoor ranges and paying someone else to shoot.

Curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »
two reasons to not shoot on my property :

1) I'm within the Mineola City limits, which doesn't allow for firearm discharge (being "in the City" is great - City Water, City Sewer, pick-up of set-out bush clippings and fallen tree limbs, pick-up of set-out tree leaves (don't have to burn all that stuff)

2) think I've posted this reason before.....my Horses and my Dogs are frightened of the sound of people shooting so I wouldn't shoot, for their benefit and for my neighbors, even if it was legal

I hated it when my neighbors, at our previous place, shot (illegally, by the way) and our animals went crazy because they were scared

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
Ok that splains it.

Were Im at pretty much all the neighbors shoot as well.

Caldwell county and pretty rural location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 06:17:53 PM »
two reasons to not shoot on my property :

1) I'm within the Mineola City limits, which doesn't allow for firearm discharge (being "in the City" is great - City Water, City Sewer, pick-up of set-out bush clippings and fallen tree limbs, pick-up of set-out tree leaves (don't have to burn all that stuff)

2) think I've posted this reason before.....my Horses and my Dogs are frightened of the sound of people shooting so I wouldn't shoot, for their benefit and for my neighbors, even if it was legal

I hated it when my neighbors, at our previous place, shot (illegally, by the way) and our animals went crazy because they were scared

Very considerate.  :thumbsup1:
I have my own 50 yard pistol range at my house. I always put our dogs either in the garage or in the barn, which are both on the opposite side of the house. And we have nobody down range to catch the muzzle blast.

For large bore rifles, ( above 5.56 ) we have a 250 yard range at my brothers place. And there is 4000 acres of uninhabited woods behind that range.  :th_thicon_idea: