Author Topic: a different CZ  (Read 280 times)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
a different CZ
« on: November 28, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
Everybody probably has an "oddball" gun in their arsenal.  Mine is this CZ Made Springfield Armory, Inc. imported M6 Survival Gun.  Mine is chambered in .22 Hornet over .410 gauge.  The hammer is a squeezed lever; it takes a bit of an adjustment to get used to when shooting; but for it's purpose - it works well.  The stock holds 12 .22 Hornet rounds and 4 .410 rounds.  It is also a breakdown gun; and I found someone who had a green cordura case with shoulder strap for it.  The dial on the top of the hammer raises or lowers the firing pin to change from the top or bottom barrel.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Re: a different CZ
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
That is certainly an weird one.

Not trying to knock your neat little unique gun, but I would have no use for it.

I would think one of the most important and useful items to making a "survival" gun would be to use the most popular/common calibers found in the world.
410 could possibly be considered a popular common round since the invention of the "judge" pistol. It has seen a good comeback from extinction. 
22 hornet is certainly  no where near that parameter..Maybe .223/5.56

I wouldnt want to use either one of those calibers trying to survive a bear encounter. That would only piss him off.

Maybe a 12 gauge and a .308.  :thinker:

12 gauge certainly has a great ability with #8 shot for small game, rabbits, squirrel, etc, and a great defensive ability with buck shot against even the largest 4 legged predators.

While the 308 is one of the most popular rounds in the world and not only has a good standoff defensive range, but also the ability to take down large game.

That would be my pick for a survival scenario.

I wonder what kinda "deal" did CZ and SA make to conjure up that abortion.  :thinker:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »
"Abortion?"

From 1952 until the 1970s the M6 Survival Rifle, chambered in .22 Hornet over .410 gauge was the issue survival gun for aircrews in the USAF.  The gun was intended to use to shoot game in order to have food to survive on until rescued.  The original military issued gun, with 14" barrels, was chambered in .22 Hornet over .410.  The two differences between the CZ and military versions is the trigger guard and the 18.5" barrel length to satisfy the NFA.

If I lived in a area where I would end up in a survival situation (other then in my urban setting) I'd include this with other survival gear.  Fear not though I would also carry one of my 1911s or .41 Magnum S&Ws...

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 04:59:54 AM »
I wasn't gonna say anything.....but this has got to be the fugliest whatever it is thing that I've seen in a while

how many embarrassed air farce aircrew personnel were there between '52 and the '70s ?  (rhetorical)

:thumbsdown:
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 06:46:32 AM »
I remember when those were being sold. I looked at them a few times. They do look a little unusual, but they are interesting. I never bought one, cause I had no use for it myself.

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »
I think the idea is cools is the AR-7.

Its a least 1.5lbs lighter than my 10-22 takedown which would fill the same type of role.