Author Topic: Colt Content Part I  (Read 946 times)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Colt Content Part I
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a local gun shop (Modern Elite Firearms, Hill Country Village on the west side of 281 South) to talk about helping a friend consign some guns.  Chris the owner said: "You know something about Colt 1911s - let me get your opinion on this Colt"  So here he comes, with a 1957 three digit serial numbered Colt National Match .45.  In 1957 Colt re-introduced the National Match.  At first he showed me the right side of the gun

National Match right side

He said the seller wanted $1,500 for the gun; which under normal conditions would probably be right.  Chris then told me that he wouldn't put the gun in his case for that price but would list it on his website.  Then he turned the pistol over to the left side...OMG!  How to turn a $1,500 pistol into a $700 shooter - just use a flat tip screwdriver to remove the slide stop numerous times!

It doesn't look real hideous with the slide stop in place; but, disassembled "oops."

The inhumanity!

I said tell the owner I'd give him $700 for it, I now own a 1957 Colt NM .45 acp.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Colt Content Part I
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
That is a sacrilege but a good find all the same.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
nice score

Offline 15Romeo

• Military
  • Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:57 AM »
Is it just the finish that’s scratched or is there displaced material?
Colt Delta Elite 10mm
Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry
Taurus PT1911

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:02 AM »
That is more than finish.  Soomebody tried to pry the slide stop out without hsving it aligned  with the notch.
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline Ranger99

• 5 Yard Shooter
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
what a cryin' a$$ shame  :bangheadonwall:

oh well . . . . . the yo-yo's have spread to every
corner of the earth and you can't get away from
them no matter where you go
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »
 :facepalm:  SoME people should have their azz removed.  :bangheadonwall:

Nice find anyway.  :thumbsup1:

I compare that to my brother in laws buddy got his hands on an all original 1903 A3 Springfield a few years ago. He heard they had great accuracy and wanted one for a deer rifle. How he found that one I dont know. They are kinda rare in original condition. So my extremely intelligent bol takes a hacksaw to it. He cuts the barrel off right behind the sight and cuts the stock off at the center stock band.  :scream3:

When I seen what that IDIOT did to an original 03, It was pretty hard to refrain from shooting his dumb azz. And he was bragging about what a wonderful "bubba gun smith" job he done. :bangheadonwall:
Had I known his friend had it, I would have offered to buy him a new winchester or remington 30-06 in trade.

You cant fix stupid. And some people buy the buffet.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".