Author Topic: Colt Content Part I  (Read 304 times)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Colt Content Part I
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a local gun shop (Modern Elite Firearms, Hill Country Village on the west side of 281 South) to talk about helping a friend consign some guns.  Chris the owner said: "You know something about Colt 1911s - let me get your opinion on this Colt"  So here he comes, with a 1957 three digit serial numbered Colt National Match .45.  In 1957 Colt re-introduced the National Match.  At first he showed me the right side of the gun

National Match right side

He said the seller wanted $1,500 for the gun; which under normal conditions would probably be right.  Chris then told me that he wouldn't put the gun in his case for that price but would list it on his website.  Then he turned the pistol over to the left side...OMG!  How to turn a $1,500 pistol into a $700 shooter - just use a flat tip screwdriver to remove the slide stop numerous times!

It doesn't look real hideous with the slide stop in place; but, disassembled "oops."

The inhumanity!

I said tell the owner I'd give him $700 for it, I now own a 1957 Colt NM .45 acp.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Colt Content Part I
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
That is a sacrilege but a good find all the same.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
nice score

Offline 15Romeo

• Military
  • Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:57 AM »
Is it just the finish that’s scratched or is there displaced material?
Colt Delta Elite 10mm
Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry
Taurus PT1911