Author Topic: ..T Day, almost over..  (Read 423 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
..T Day, almost over..
« on: November 22, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
now that Thanksgiving is just about over (  'cept for the eatin'  :icon_wink: ) it's time to start thinkin' about X Mas, so.....
what's on everyone's "list" this year  ?

My List :

1)  Box Blade for my Tractor

2)  Robotic floor cleaner for the house ( my Dogs track in mucho sand and dirt - so much so that it's hard to keep up with )

3)  possibly adopting a Mare w/foal ( I mean we do have a couple "extra" Stalls )

4)  no guns or related stuff (I'm "done" with that..)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..T Day, almost over..
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 01:34:56 PM »
I'll drop hints about things I want but am never disappointed in what I get. What I really want is another Corvette but only PaPa can make that decision.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »
I've heard bad things about robotic floor cleaners; they're apparently not that great on anything but hard floors, they have poor ledge detection sensors (which either leads to them getting stuck, or falling into a garage or something and eventually being found there, stuck, after it was unable to return to its charging dock), and some companies have — apparently — been found to be collecting the data the robot builds up in its memory banks about the layout and design of your house and floorplan and using it for who knows what. Also:

.... That's just one example of numerous incidents of its kind reported by dog owners... Just FYI.

As for me.... I'm not sure yet. I'm not very complicated to begin with these days, especially with my not really needing anything at the moment.

More than anything, I'd rather have dad out of the hospital and home recovering where he's comfortable; his odyssey there has had him miserable from start to finish... But then again that's not a material good, so IDK.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
I've heard bad things about robotic floor cleaners; they're apparently not that great on anything but hard floors, they have poor ledge detection sensors (which either leads to them getting stuck, or falling into a garage or something and eventually being found there, stuck, after it was unable to return to its charging dock), and some companies have — apparently — been found to be collecting the data the robot builds up in its memory banks about the layout and design of your house and floorplan and using it for who knows what. Also:

.... That's just one example of numerous incidents of its kind reported by dog owners... Just FYI.

As for me.... I'm not sure yet. I'm not very complicated to begin with these days, especially with my not really needing anything at the moment.

More than anything, I'd rather have dad out of the hospital and home recovering where he's comfortable; his odyssey there has had him miserable from start to finish... But then again that's not a material good, so IDK.

:th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 07:07:28 PM »
Robo vac is a BIG waste of money.
USELESS.

Ask me how I know.

Have had 2
A roomba useless
And another I forget brand that supposedly did the room grid etc. also useless.

I plan to buy myself a tractor after 1st since now I need it with the recent land purchase.

Plan to purchase a package (Likely a Mahindra) package includes 34hp 4wd tractor with bucket,shredder,box blade and PH digger all in a 2 axle trailer. 7yr warranty as well 20k or so.

Should do all Ill need on my lil piece of TX.

In looking at different brands and packages in same size Mahindra seems to be best buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 05:08:45 AM »
remember the old Tractor adage :  "bigger is better"  (figure what "will work" and then get more HP)

same thing with it's trailer - I almost got an 18 footer - changed my mind and got a 20 foot double axel and I'm really glad I did - can carry oh so much more - right now it's loaded with 2x6x20' treated fence boards (40 of em) and there's room to spare when I load the Tractor with any of it's implements attached (8000 lb capacity if I remember)

moving the equipment to the new property I had the Tiller forward then the Tractor with the Post Hole Digger in it's bucket and the Brush Hog mounted on it's rear - followed by the zero turn, cub cadet, walk behind and a couple of smaller trailers

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »

..A roomba useless..

I've been doing a lot of online research and am considering the top of the line Roomba (the 980) - have read nothing but good reviews about the Roomba products

pray tell, what model and how old was the one you owned ?

we have NO carpet in our new place - hardwood and tile only - also our home is a single story

Offline Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
..T Day, almost over..
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 07:03:04 AM »
remember the old Tractor adage :  "bigger is better"  (figure what "will work" and then get more HP)

same thing with it's trailer - I almost got an 18 footer - changed my mind and got a 20 foot double axel and I'm really glad I did - can carry oh so much more - right now it's loaded with 2x6x20' treated fence boards (40 of em) and there's room to spare when I load the Tractor with any of it's implements attached (8000 lb capacity if I remember)

moving the equipment to the new property I had the Tiller forward then the Tractor with the Post Hole Digger in it's bucket and the Brush Hog mounted on it's rear - followed by the zero turn, cub cadet, walk behind and a couple of smaller trailers
Yup I member that and the Mahindra offers a few more hp and a clean running deisel w/o def. and it is on an 18ft tandem.
Im dealing with a small 10.5 acres so should do what I need.

Offline Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
..T Day, almost over..
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »

..A roomba useless..

I've been doing a lot of online research and am considering the top of the line Roomba (the 980) - have read nothing but good reviews about the Roomba products

pray tell, what model and how old was the one you owned ?

we have NO carpet in our new place - hardwood and tile only - also our home is a single story
Been about 3 yrs since the last one (alternate brand) sorry dont recall model on roomba as it was before that.

Also no carpet only tile and hardwood and at the time having  4 large dogs one of which was long fur. They make it look like its great on the TV but.....

Wife still wound up sweeping and vacuuming ild fashioned way.
Thing would get stuck in corners on edge of couch/chairs etc.

Try it out you may have better results you couldn’t give me one.   

Offline Roguepoint

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
My list-
1.) As much time off work as I can manage
2.) May 1990 copy of Shooting time with the P85 Torture Test article
3.) A War era P38 manufactured by Mauser, in battle worn condition, with Nazi Proof markings, and most importantly, complete with Trophy papers from the GI that liberated that weapon from its Axis owner.

That should do it for me

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
My list-
//
3.) A War era P38 manufactured by Mauser, in battle worn condition, with Nazi Proof markings, and most importantly, complete with Trophy papers from the GI that liberated that weapon from its Axis owner.

ah shucks - go for the gold and "wish for" a Luger (vs the P38) - in my (humble) opinion the Luger is a much better pistol and you can get the papers on one of those too

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
Honestly, we dont think about Christmas much at all with the kids grown and gone.
Usually mail the Grandkids a few items,, thats about it.

I dont even remember the last time we put a tree up.

About all we really look forward to for Xmas is  a few family gatherings, a few meals together  is about it. I know we certainly dont miss all the hubbub.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »
I can relate to the above post - it's been A LOT of years since I've "celebrated" christmas

when I was working my Wife and I would always fly trips together - we had good seniority and could have had any Holiday "off" but by working our thought was that it gave 2 junior-to-us people, perhaps someone with kids, the opportunity to be home with their families.....sort of our "secret gift" without asking for thanks

no tree, no stockings hung by the chimney - maybe a big Ham dinner on or around the 25th and an Egg Nog, or two

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 10:38:38 AM »
My wife generally works ALL holidays, where my employers were always shut down.

This is the 1st Thanksgiving I can remember her being off.
So we cooked dinner at home together, took dinner to and visited our widower Fathers for a little bit and came back home.

I imagine Christmas will be much the same. Call our boys and say hey.  If she works, we will cook a HAM dinner the day before and do our little meals on wheels thing for our Dads.

I can see you kinda think kinda like we do. Let Christmas be important and enjoyed by the people who actually enjoy it.   :thumbsup1:

Ive worked holidays before voluntarily and traded the earned time off for hunting season, or just banked it and added it to a vacation. Holidays just dont mean much to me. Most have lost their meaning and are just a big cash grab by corporate America.
A far cry from when Grandmother got the whole family together to put up a home grown tree, then everyone went to church together for a special Christmas service, etc. . 
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".