Author Topic: Useless question of the day: 10-9-18 -- What did you do this past weekend?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
What did you do this past weekend?

Offline cbp210

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Hits the Target
    • View Profile
I went fishing at lake Calaveras near San Antonio this last Saturday and caught some good reds.

Offline TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Nothing that exciting.

Offline Shield45

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
Recuperate.
Last Wednesday on way to work on a rare day decided to ride my bike well thanks to the jack wagon who decided his exiting exxon was the only thing that mattered. Missed him however washed out frt end and luckily no busted parts on me just scrapes and bruises.
Left shoulder took brunt of the hit.
However it was likely the kawi’s last ride
Before

After.

Hard to see in the pic but left fork tube is bent as is rim. Cases damage etc.
Likely totaled. Have full coverage however but 01 ZRX1200R kbb is around 3500. 🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Wow. Glad you are okay overall.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Dang, and I thought being stopped by the local police Saturday for speeding in the wife's new SUV was a thing. Tell me the other guy stopped or did he just keep going?
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Wow sorry to hear that , glad you are ok also.

redoing the landscape around the house and planted about a dozen plants in several planting beds.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline AKM-47

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Work!

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Worked around the outside of the house trying to get things ready for  WINTER.
My Drive way is around 500 yards long, and uphill the whole way.  :P
So alot of grading/sloping/crowning/ drainage  done on it so the ice dont build up this winter making it a skating ring.

I kinda enjoy that kinda tinkering. Got to give my Kubota a little workout.  :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Worked around the outside of the house trying to get things ready for  WINTER.
My Drive way is around 500 yards long, and uphill the whole way.  :P
So alot of grading/sloping/crowning/ drainage  done on it so the ice dont build up this winter making it a skating ring.

I kinda enjoy that kinda tinkering. Got to give my Kubota a little workout.  :thumbsup1:
I bet those tree leaves are showing their colors about now. When I lived in W.Virginia for a year as a wee lad I still remember how pretty it was in the fall.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Useless question of the day: 10-9-18 -- What did you do this past weekend?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 06:27:03 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
(You might considering adding some of those James Bond rockets to your motorcycle.)

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: Useless question of the day: 10-9-18 -- What did you do this past weekend?
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
I only get a single day off a week and these past couple of weeks we've been pulling close to 70 hours a week, so, even though my "day" off is technically only about 7-10 hours long before I have to hit the sack again, I had plenty to do that couldn't wait for during the week when I'm usually too exhausted to do anything but shower, eat, and sleep.

1.) Mow the Lawn
End Result: Got rained out... TWICE. In the same day.

2.) Go purchase a shotgun
End Result: FFL system was down, and the sales person at the pawn shop didn't have clearance to let me do a paper 4473. I walked out empty-handed after blowing an hour there.

3.) Disassemble and fix a computer I bought a week ago.
End Result: I basically got scammed. The thing ended up being more f***ed than the guy ever admitted to. I suspect his computer repair shop buddy tried to fix it, found out how hosed off it was, told him how much it would cost to fix it, then let him decide to put lipstick on his dead pig and unload it. I'm only glad I paid $150 instead of $300 as advertised.

4.) Go to the Saxet gun show
End Result: Didn't bother because I thought I would have my hands full with items 1, 2, & 3. On top of nothing ending up right, I missed it for another freaking month.

...Hands down most restful 8 hours of 'day off' I've ever had. 100000/10 would weekend again.

Offline Shield45

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
Useless question of the day: 10-9-18 -- What did you do this past weekend?
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 05:57:39 AM »
Wow. Glad you are okay overall.
Thanks yeah lucky I avoided solid objects well other than the street.
Dang, and I thought being stopped by the local police Saturday for speeding in the wife's new SUV was a thing. Tell me the other guy stopped or did he just keep going?
Well the PR statement makes me believe he stopped. However he stated that he DIDNT exit the exxon. Stopped short as he heard the MC. Basically said I paniced and crashed my self. LOL. Been on bikes since a lil tike and 40yrs on a street bike as well. He BS’d them so as to cya his insurance from paying as he ultimately caused it even though no contact.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
(You might considering adding some of those James Bond rockets to your motorcycle.)
No need for rockets. That bike was fast enough.
Wow sorry to hear that , glad you are ok also.
Could of been much worse.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

This weekend is Sat fly to Orlando then a couple days of company meetings and a week long convention (NBAA) fly back following sat.
Fortunately I am (will be) recouped enough to be semi comfortable on the AC. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk