Author Topic: Thought my luck ran out yesterday  (Read 170 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Thought my luck ran out yesterday
« on: October 07, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
My wife travels from College Station to Copperas Cove a couple of times a month and the gas mileage in her Cadillac SRX was less than 20 miles per gallon and that's highway driving. About two weeks ago we started shopping around for a replacement and found this.

Bought it Friday. 2018 Hyundai Tuscon with 1K on the odometer. What attracts me to Hyundai's is the five year 60K mile bumper to bumper warranty and 10 year 100k mile warranty on the drive train. This is the third one we have bought in the last 15 years and the previous two, including the Genesis I have now, have been trouble free. One of the features on the new one I like is the 4 cylinder turbo charged engine mated with a seven speed auto transmission. It's deceptively quick. On line reviews say 0-60 at five seconds.
I haven't been stopped by the police or had a ticket in over twenty years. In that time I've had two Corvettes and a Shelby GT and tend do a little spirited driving on open roads. Yesterday I was in the new SUV and opened it up a bit while heading to the feeder of Hwy 6. You know it. Dang cops in their Explorers with the low profile emergency lights. Busted good no doubt about it. 50 in a 40. All I could do was smile and rely on my good looks to get me out of it. Turns out I didn't have to. Young officer walks up and as I hand him my "papers" he says  "Hey I know you. You used to work in the communications bubble at the Sheriff's Office and your son is a county deputy. I said yeah that's me. So we BS'd for a few minutes, got a warning and was told to slow my old ass down. 10-4 young man. I went and bought two lotto tickets after that for the 500 million Mega Millions drawing on Tuesday. My luck is strong  :P
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: Thought my luck ran out yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »
You da man!

Offline TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Thought my luck ran out yesterday
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 07:39:56 PM »
We had a Hyundai StarX van when in Korea (97-98), it was an excellent vehicle.

Here's the irony.  A few years before in Korea, a used car had *negative* value.  Their quality was so bad people would try to take the VIN numbers off then leave them on the street, and disposing of one properly might cost you several hundred dollars.