Author Topic: ..Ground Broken..  (Read 6044 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..Ground Broken..
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »
the Barn is "coming along"

front has 2 sliding doors that open to the center aisle, as does the back - each side also has two sliding doors, one of which  opens to each of the stalls (4 stalls/4 doors) - we opted for sliding doors to access the stalls vs Dutch Doors

each stall is 12x12, as is the wash room (shown at the back of this pic) - two more stalls on the other side of the center aisle with a (12x12) tack/feed/fridge room

this pic was taken from our front yard - shows the back of the barn and can possibly make out the section of fence that we took out, installed new 2 stout posts and, after the concrete "sets", we'll install a 12' stock gate (that'll give us access from the house, thru that gate, to the barn
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 09:59:33 AM »
I'm impressed Tango.  You've obviously got a great construction manager!

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
we're thinkin' of having a "Barn Raising" when it's finished and we get our Boys up here - some catered BBQ and liquid libations

will let you know "when" and perhaps you can make the drive East, out I-20 or 80, and see our handy-work 1st hand

I'm gonna post an invite for any forum member who happens to be in the area   :th_thicon_idea:

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 05:40:24 PM »
Thanks.  We're looking now for that 'last move' and thinking outside the metro area.

Offline Shield45

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 08:16:28 AM »
Looks nice Tango. Your set up is a tad more than I plan for my final landing spot l.
I dont plan to build quite as elaborate on my lil 10.5 acres when I do build.

Im a few yrs from moving out to it from SA. Plan to be low key place Im not planning on livestock just dog(s).

Im leaning toward a barndominium set up with a second floor living quarters and a barn/shop/garage set up.

It is just a little east of Sequin  out I-10. Im in the pre cleaning land preparation stage now. I have to do well septic elec anyway before I can settle there.

Right now its more like a deer camp get away set up.
Have a portable 12x24 building as shelter now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »

Im leaning toward a barndominium set up with a second floor living quarters and a barn/shop/garage set up.

BIL has one, its an excellent idea, low cost and easy to care for.

Offline Shield45

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 05:49:45 PM »

BIL has one, its an excellent idea, low cost and easy to care for.
What I was thinking plus help keep taxes down w/o house.
Its just a barn.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »
another new stock gate up and in - that makes 3 plus a little walk-thru gate

the Barn is coming along - will get pics of the inside after it's cleaned up by the workers

plumbers will be here today to plan on what's needed - electrical has already been decided

and.....we're startin' to get some fairly good weather (finally) - at least for a couple of days

Offline Shield45

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 11:49:56 AM »
Tango your making good progress.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 07:34:25 AM »
the building of the Barn structure is basically finished.....the electrical work should be finished this week and, hopefully, the plumbing will start soon (this week)

some pics of the (messy) inside - 2 of the Stalls only need "bedding" while the other 2 still need (the black) Stall Saver covering material installed (waiting 'till the electricians have finished)

each Stall will have it's own water supply and a grain trough along with a "slow Hay feeder" - we'll also have a large galvanized water trough outside the left and right sides of the Barn (under the 12x36' lean-tos)

the wash room will have a swing-out water hose device (it's got a drain in the middle) - the "Tack" room will contain a small amount of tack, a hot water heater and a sink

everything is basically in 12' sections - each Stall, the Tack room, the Wash room and the center aisle (which is 12' wide x 36' long from front to back - there are sliding double doors front and back and sliding double doors on each side which will give the Boys access to the individual Stalls

2 very large Fans, mounted up high, to move large amounts of air during the Summer heat (the ceiling is insulated) and each Stall will have it's own individual fan

we have a Cupola coming - with Weather Vane and Silhouette of a Horse atop

some pics :

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 08:20:27 AM »
That's real nice. Your horses do realize they won the lottery...right.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 08:37:50 AM »
not yet - they're still being boarded (down south - New Waverly) until all is ready for 'em - hopefully, Dec 5 will be the day we can get 'em here

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:51 PM »
oh happy day - our Boys, Cinco and Ali, got "home" yesterday (from where we had them boarded, pending the completion of their new Barn)

the plumbing work isn't completed (  :bangheadonwall: ) but we're making do - meantime, the electrics are all in and they're better and more complete than what we've got in our house

the Boys, flirting with the Cattle thru the neighbor's/our fence

looking down the center aisle from back to front

a look inside 2 of the stalls thru their individual sliding doors

the Wash area - will have the sink, a "boom" water hose and a central drain to the outside

the Tack Room/office - will have a hot water heater, a fridge, microwave, window a/c, storage shelves

our Boys, Cinco and Ali - each stall has 2 Slow Hay Feeders, constant level water, a grain trough - under the lean-tos on both sides there will be a large galvanized constant level water trough and the big, on the ground, hay holders

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »
the plumber finished his work today.....so the Barn is complete and the best news, of course, is that our Boys (Cinco and Ali) are "home" with us (what a joy for my Wife and me to have them !)

now it's time for a Shop.....signed the contract with the same outfit that built our Barn to build us an all Steel 30' wide by 50' deep insulated concrete floored Shop

gonna have 2 electric front front doors - a 12'x10'  and a 12'x12' - then at the opposite end of the Shop there will be a "pull-to-open" 12'x12' so that we can drive thru the Shop from one end to the other

no plumbing but lots of "electrics" including some 220 for my welder

will be nice to get our 2 trucks outta the weather and all my tools and equipment, tractor and implements under a roof

the site - between the 2 big trees - the driveway's curb will be "cut" and there will be a concrete drive from the present driveway up to the Shop

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 04:46:27 PM »
Man that will be right nice when finished. Do you have your security cameras set up yet? How are your dogs liking the new place?
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »
I just set up 1 of the cameras today - under the garage door eve = I've had intermittent success with mounting them in the (steel) Barn - need to "play" with location (where the antenna is able to "send")

the 4 dogs are lovin' it here - we've had gophers and the dogs "hear" them so they go after them.....by digging up the back yard  :help:

my Wife is already "on me" to get going with more fencing - 1st to expand areas for the dogs and then x-fencing for more pasture area (I could be the only 80 y/o "fence builder" in Tejas.....another  :help:)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 06:32:49 PM »
Check your PM.....
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 06:42:13 AM »
reply sent, check your PMs (will give further info after you've replied)