Author Topic: Anyone else have Arlo cameras?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Anyone else have Arlo cameras?
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
Anyone else here use Alro cameras?

I have 4 Arlo Pro cameras. Pretty satisfied with them. Only annoying thing is that my neighbor goes in and out like 1 million times a day... So, they have my batteries lasting 2 weeks in those two cameras... I used to get 1 month, but they doubled their movement, unfortunately.

My back camera lasts about 3 months, though....

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have Arlo cameras?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
I have Blink which is OK. Had the same problem as you with the batteries running out of juice with the cameras over my front door and garage. Lot of foot traffic through my front door with the grandkids living two doors down and just my wife and I going in and out a few times a day. Camera over the garage that covers my driveway and cul de sac is the worst. We live on the edge of town near Carter Creek across the street from a 100 acre tract of woods. For some reason wasps/hornets and birds have taken a dislike to my camera and repeatedly dive bomb it setting it off thirty to forty times a day.
Tried adjusting the motion detector to minimum but that didn't work. I know you don't have this option but during the day, since one of us is usually at home, I just turn those cameras off until about 7 PM and leave them on until about 6 AM. I do turn the cameras on if we both leave the house and turn them off when we return. Batteries are lasting three months now.
Will probably buy their doorbell camera in a few weeks.     
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:04:59 PM »
I've posted about my set up before.....bought a wired set of 4 security cameras from Sam's Club, and then bought an inexpensive monitor which sits atop my computer desk - I've got it "going" the entire time I'm "up" (then shut it down when I retire for the night)

then I've got 3 of the Wyze cameras, also wired and I keep those running 24 hours each day - they record continuously, in a "loop"

the Wyze cams we use to view the critters, mostly, and if out - to show friends what our critters are doing at the time
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:15:24 PM »
Ship,
are you using Lithium batteries?  They seem to last about 2-3 times longer.  Also is there a DC adapter input?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 06:10:48 PM »
Ship,
are you using Lithium batteries?  They seem to last about 2-3 times longer.  Also is there a DC adapter input?

Yes, the cameras comes with its own rechargable lithium ion battery. You leave the battery in the camera, and just plug a cord into the back of the camera to recharge them.

You pull them down and charge them and put them back.

1 is on a permanent mount - but I have the cable permanently plugged in. I can then plug it in with an extension cord when I need to, and I don't have to take it down.

I used to get 1 month out of the two pointed to the front yard area, but the neighbors have kids, and have other relatives that live in the complex. Everyday, I get about 150-200 vids of them going in and out all damn day long.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 06:12:10 PM »
I've posted about my set up before.....bought a wired set of 4 security cameras from Sam's Club, and then bought an inexpensive monitor which sits atop my computer desk - I've got it "going" the entire time I'm "up" (then shut it down when I retire for the night)

then I've got 3 of the Wyze cameras, also wired and I keep those running 24 hours each day - they record continuously, in a "loop"

the Wyze cams we use to view the critters, mostly, and if out - to show friends what our critters are doing at the time

Yes, I saw the thread you mentioned that on.

I like the Alros because they store 7 days of vids online for free. And, I also store ALL vids locally as well.

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »
Ship,

Yes, the cameras comes with its own rechargable lithium ion battery. You leave the battery in the camera, and just plug a cord into the back of the camera to recharge them.

You pull them down and charge them and put them back.

1 is on a permanent mount - but I have the cable permanently plugged in. I can then plug it in with an extension cord when I need to, and I don't have to take it down.

I used to get 1 month out of the two pointed to the front yard area, but the neighbors have kids, and have other relatives that live in the complex. Everyday, I get about 150-200 vids of them going in and out all damn day long.

Maybe tilt the camera down or relocate it?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:28 PM »
No, not an option. I own my own condo, but I have limited places to put things outside. I actually have them set up where they are for specific reasons.

I hope they move out one day. They are renters - they don't own it like I do