Author Topic: Hoppes #9  (Read 286 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Hoppes #9
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:41:46 PM »
Cleaning firearms yesterday when my grandson came in saw what I was doing and asked if he could clean his 1911. He goes to the safe and gets his Ruger SR Commander and breaks it down. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes and then he said "you know Pop that Hoppe's #9 has a comforting smell." Yes sir, I said, it sure does.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: Hoppes #9
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
I often used to joke that the reason I'm as crazy as I am was because even though it has lead in it, I still liked to splash some on every now and then as cologne.

(I don't actually of course, and never have for obvious reasons, but being a dumb teen I did often get a lot of it on my hands unintentionally while cleaning unfortunately. Hope that won't come back to bite me in 20 years.)

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 07:07:46 PM »
I have been using it since the 60's and ahh it hasn't bothered me yet  :th_thicon_question: :sick2:    :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline ArmedTexan

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
That’s a good boy you got there, my son said the same thing before. I told my wife if I was single my house would smell of gun oils! She hates the smell.
I call my AR-15 Anne; she's pretty and likes to accessorize. My AK-47 is known as Frank, he won't stop no matter how dirty he is. Oh and when the gov't comes look'n for 'em, they be hid'n in the attic!

Offline Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »
sometimes I decide to clean a gun in my office instead of out in the shop. My wife hates the smell but she doesn't say anything. She just walks around the house and lights all the apple candles.

Offline Ranger99

• 3 Yard Shooter
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
it smells like victory. . . .
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible