Author Topic: Did anyone see. . .  (Read 801 times)

Offline Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
Did anyone see. . .
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:42:21 AM »
NOTICE:  since I posted this, I watched some more. . .its just an ad.

Has anyone watched the Video from Conceal Carry University.  I saw it linked around online and curiosity finally got me.

https://www.concealedcarryuniversity.com/the-ugly-truth-about-the-caliber-debates-d1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt9bNvYue3AIV0sLACh1jhAlZEAEYASAAEgKgw_D_BwE

It asks for an email address. I put in a fake one (pcbe@hotmale.com) and it worked.

It claims to settle the debate regarding the absolute best caliber for stopping a human being in a self defense application.

It compares the 9mm, .40 cal, and .45 ACP. (Claims to be 4 minutes, it's not.)

Just wondering if any one made it all the way through it and what are your thoughts?     
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:28:43 PM by Texas@Last »

Offline busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone see. . .
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »
Cutting to @7:41, his verdict is 9mm or .40-cal.  Nothing real earth shattering here.  Mainly an advertising video for training the guy is offering.
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
Get 10 different organizations to do 'shootoff's' of different calibers and you're likely to get 10 different suggestions.

I'd submit not many shootoff's considered one of these:   :th_thicon_idea:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:25:04 PM by TXAZ »

Offline busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »
We really do need that “like” button

Offline Texas@Last

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
Cutting to @7:41, his verdict is 9mm or .40-cal.  Nothing real earth shattering here.  Mainly an advertising video for training the guy is offering.

NOTICE:  You are right, I watched some more. . .its just an ad.

How did you get a timer to show? Mine has no time line at the bottom. I can't fast forward or repeat.

I loved the first three minutes but by the time 5 minutes or so went by and he was still not "getting to it". I couldn't take anymore. Without the ability to fast forward, I had to go to bed without watching it all. Then, without the ability to skip ahead to where I left off, I am not willing to sit through what I already watched.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:29:36 PM by Texas@Last »

Offline busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
Did anyone see. . .
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »
I am not willing to sit through what I already watched.
Hit the ‘full screen’ viewing mode - bottom in lower right hand corner button.  That should allow you to see the time.

IMHO, you didn’t miss much.  He’s mainly just expressing his opinion and you know what they say about “opinions”... everybody has one!

Offline Texas@Last

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »
busykngt,

So true. I even have one!!

Mine has always been, the largest and most powerful round I can deliver with speed, accuracy, and confidence, is the one I ought to carry. I did consider his point about number of rounds but not enough to switch from my Beretta 92 CCII.  I have four mags at home and three in the truck if I need them. Otherwise, 8+1 is going to have to be enough to either fix it, or get me out of it.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »
Gee... the guys an "expert" from "Concealed Carry University" and has all kinds of charts and graphs and scientific data that he or someone else collected and now he's has all the information and can tell me what is the "best" caliber for my self defense. I don't think so.  You can go on line and find a few thousand other "experts" that have a different opinion as to the best caliber for self defense.
This is my expert opinion and it only applies to me. My go to self defense round is the .38 Special. Hornady 110 gr. Critical Defense. It is what I prefer and am comfortable with. What yours or others personal preferences may be is cool with me. If your happy with your every day carry who am I to say otherwise. What is best for you may not be the best for me. And WTH is Concealed Carry University?
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Texas@Last

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
Gee... the guys an "expert" from "Concealed Carry University"  And WTH is Concealed Carry University?

:th_thicon_lol:

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »

Gee... the guys an "expert" from "Concealed Carry University"  And WTH is Concealed Carry University?

Expert:  "Has-been drip under pressure"

So if they're still employed, does that make them just 'sperts'?

Offline Psyc

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »
Is there anyone who has a YouTube channel that isn't an expert?