Author Topic: Your News sources  (Read 604 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Your News sources
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
News has changes so much in the last 20 years, just curious where are the most popular news outlets:

Local Newspaper (Dallas Morning News, etc)
National Newspaper (USA Today, etc)
Speciality Newspaper (Wall Street Journal, etc)
International Newspaper (IHT, etc)
Facebook
Other Social Media (Twitter, etc)
Internet News provider (news.google.com, Drudge, HuffPo, etc)
Local News Channel (Channel 6 Eye bulging news, etc)
National News Channel (Fox News, etc)
Blogs and Forums
Friends
Others

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
Re: Your News sources
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »
I pretty much use everything I can find,( avoiding the obvious fake media outlets,)  basically cross reference it against each other on the PC.

And I tend NOT to believe anything at first glance. It has to be verified several times through several known sources.

SOMEWHERE in the middle usually LIES  the truth.  :P no pun,,,,, :th_thicon_funny:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
I read:
 thelibertydaily.com
 bizpacreview.com
 westernjournal.com
 conservativefighters.com

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:42:50 AM »
AP wire.. so I know the story before its slanted on all sides.. All our corporate media sucks.
NPR

Online bluewave

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:32:07 AM »
My newspaper sent me a bill that is an increase of 54.4% over last year. When asked why I'm cancelling my subscription I mentioned the 54.4% annual increase and the fact that the quality of the paper had decreased. The agent said "but you are getting a 49% decrease over the published price since I've been a customer for nearly 60 years"!! 

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:43:14 AM »
AP wire.. so I know the story before its slanted on all sides.. All our corporate media sucks.
NPR

:th_thicon_idea:

I like BBC for US domestic news, as they appear to have the least spin (assuming the queen isn't visiting).

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
NPR

I like BBC for US domestic news, as they appear to have the least spin (assuming the queen isn't visiting).
They certainly have no problem telling OUR dirt to the world.
But im sure the people in Britain have no clue about their own dirty laundry.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »
NPR

Just wondering . . . How does the AP get it?

Offline randyjaco

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
I get the bulk of my news from OANN.
But I balance that with the evening news from the BBC and NBC, just to hear what the opposition has to say. I will say that I can get more actual news coverage with one hour of OAN than a whole day of coverage by any of the major networks.

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 01:35:04 AM »
NPR

Its funny, I had the BBC on tonight.

They had some OBVIOUS liberal azzhole on there from the US telling some black british reporter about ALL the russain collusion evidence and the POTUS cover up, which he also had all the evidence for.
Collusion ,,,collusion ,,,collusion,,,, .

I didnt realize they had found anything.  :th_nuts:

Offline Psyc

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »

Its funny, I had the BBC on tonight.

They had some OBVIOUS liberal azzhole on there from the US telling some black british reporter about ALL the russain collusion evidence and the POTUS cover up, which he also had all the evidence for.
Collusion ,,,collusion ,,,collusion,,,, .

I didnt realize they had found anything.  :th_nuts:

I enjoy reading the diverse views of BBC, AFP, Xinhua, JPost, Arab News, RT and a few others.
BBC 'seems' to have a relatively balanced view of US domestic and non-UK world events.

Take a look at Xinhua, an official news source of the Chinese government.
It is probably the most sophisticated foreign source.
Their Spanish feed is slanted to be positive toward Spanish speaking readers.
Same for English, French, German and other languages.