Author Topic: ..German P38/P01..  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
..German P38/P01..
« on: June 30, 2018, 07:24:41 AM »
flyer from AIM Surplus says they have German P38/P01 for sale ( I sent the link to my buddy who said that he was interested in getting a P01, a while back )

https://www.aimsurplus.com/
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..German P38/P01..
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 07:30:10 AM »
$499.00  ..... ouch...   

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:41:18 AM »
you'd best remove the "dollar" from your "Johnnydollar" handle

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »

Maybe he is appropriately named? I know people whom could make change for a penny.  :th_thicon_funny:

Pretty sweet deal thou..

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
C&R eligible. I might have to jump on that. Thank you Tango.

EDIT - Wouldn't you know they are closed today. I thought I had previously done business with them but apparently not. I did have an account with them though. Ordered one and an extra magazine using my C&R License. $530 total no FFL fees. I'm guessing ten days to two weeks for delivery to MY DOOR.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:20:37 AM by Alte Schule »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
no problem - posted for those who might be interested

of course the P08 replaced the Luger but I'm good with what I've got - like I said, my Buddy was interested in that pistol so I thought others might be too

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 08:00:47 PM »
 Had one of those back in the late 60"s with all the  Nazi  proof marks from WW2.
It was a nice shooter but the previous owner had it chrome plated  and that's why I got it cheap.
Also was very easy to take down and clean.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »
Aim Surplus works pretty fast. They deducted the funds for my P-38 from my CC at 0820 Hrs. this morning. Checked my account on Aim's web site at 0830 Hrs. and my order reflected "Pending Processing." At 1544 Hrs my order was completed and sent to UPS with a delivery date to my door of 7/5/18. Yeah I know UPS but I've done a lot of business with them and never had a problem.
Only regret I have is not ordering a third magazine as they are sold out now. I'll post pics when I get it.  :th_thicon_idea:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 07:28:29 PM »
Aim Surplus works pretty fast. They deducted the funds for my P-38 from my CC at 0820 Hrs. this morning. Checked my account on Aim's web site at 0830 Hrs. and my order reflected "Pending Processing." At 1544 Hrs my order was completed and sent to UPS with a delivery date to my door of 7/5/18. Yeah I know UPS but I've done a lot of business with them and never had a problem.
Only regret I have is not ordering a third magazine as they are sold out now. I'll post pics when I get it.  :th_thicon_idea:

Very cool!

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 05:53:15 AM »
good deal old school - hope the pistol fills the niche

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 06:50:27 AM »

I've bought extra mags for my Lugers (highly recommended by the guys on the Luger forum) from Greg Cote, LLC  (so as to not use the originals)

will this link work for you ?

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/walther-mecgar-factory-c-133/walther-p38-p1-9mm-8-rd-phosphate-factory-magazine-walm2-p-1911.html

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 07:11:06 AM »
Yes sir and thank you again.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »
good deal old school - hope the pistol fills the niche
I hate to admit this but what really peaked my interest in the P-38 was the movie Schindler's List. Over the years I came across a few at gun shows but the condition not matching price or just poor examples period stopped me from buying. I did come across a nice one a couple of years ago at a show but there was a nice old school Colt Detective Special sitting right next to it. Guess which one came home with me?
I've been pretty lucky buying firearms on line with my C&R license so I'm hoping this one is as good as advertised.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 11:50:17 PM »
I have bought a pile of mags off Greg Cote  the past couple years..
Probably well over 50.
Everything from Beretta 92, CZ 75, stainless 1911, and even some rifle mags.
Good prices and really fast shipping.

Never had a problem.  :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 07:17:31 AM »
I got my surplus P1 at Cabela's for $359.00 - walked in one day and they had a pile of them.
Last refurbished by the bundeswehr in 1978.

I guess prices have gone over the last year.

Sorry if I offended anyone. But yeah, I am a deal shopper.

Alte Schule, hope you enjoy your pistol, if it is surplus bundeswehr, it's probably in really good shape.

and, FYI, Johnny Dollar is a from a classic radio show by the same name.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 07:35:08 AM »
ya know, I post these bits of information about offerings in the event anyone might be interested and EVERY TIME I do so there's "someone" who does the "price/ouch" bit

rather than trying to short sheet why not just research and find better deals for the same item rather than just posting for the sake of posting ?

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
ya know, I post these bits of information about offerings in the event anyone might be interested and EVERY TIME I do so there's "someone" who does the "price/ouch" bit

rather than trying to short sheet why not just research and find better deals for the same item rather than just posting for the sake of posting ?
You are correct.
Opinions are not worth posting.

Have a nice day.

I won't darken your door again.
I did apologize, but I don’t think you are the type of person to accept those. 

and BTW, you are a cranky old dude....

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:26:20 AM by JohnnyDollar »

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 08:55:24 AM »
I got my surplus P1 at Cabela's for $359.00 - walked in one day and they had a pile of them.

Alte Schule, hope you enjoy your pistol, if it is surplus bundeswehr, it's probably in really good shape.

Sometimes you can walk in a big box store and just get lucky. I got my first Tokarev at Gander Mountain. Just happened to be in there (a rare occasion) and they were just getting them off the truck, wrapped in paper and soaked in cosmaline. This was nine years ago. Got a really nice Yugo with no aftermarket safety for under $200.
Cabela's going price(s)  for P1's are now $500 to $800. All the ones I've come across in the last few years were $450 to $600 but had condition issues I couldn't live with. Refurbished is OK with me if I could have found one but what got my attention with Aim was it was C&R eligible so it will be delivered to me, no tax, holster and manufactured after the war so the materials had improved considerably.
UPS tracker indicates "out for delivery" so we will see soon enough.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

Sometimes you can walk in a big box store and just get lucky. I got my first Tokarev at Gander Mountain. Just happened to be in there (a rare occasion) and they were just getting them off the truck, wrapped in paper and soaked in cosmaline. This was nine years ago. Got a really nice Yugo with no aftermarket safety for under $200.
Cabela's going price(s)  for P1's are now $500 to $800. All the ones I've come across in the last few years were $450 to $600 but had condition issues I couldn't live with. Refurbished is OK with me if I could have found one but what got my attention with Aim was it was C&R eligible so it will be delivered to me, no tax, holster and manufactured after the war so the materials had improved considerably.
UPS tracker indicates "out for delivery" so we will see soon enough.
My "ouch" comment was simply my initial reaction to that price.
I said the same thing when I saw the total at the pump a few weeks ago when prices shot up. 
It's my equivalent to "yikes"

It really has nothing to do with whether it is a good price, a fair price, or even the market price,
it was simply a reaction to the price for a surplus pistol.

I had the same reaction when I found out the CMP is going to start the surplus M1911a1's from the army at $1K,
and I usually have the same reaction when I get my August electric bill every year.
It was just a smart-assed comment and I apologize.

I am happy you got a pistol that you wanted, I hope it is in excellent shape.

But on the serious side, the people that seem to be in a constant state of irritation and want to decide how others should or should not comment on the forum, just suck the fun right out of it.

I used to come here for fun, talk about guns and shoot the bull, that just doesn't happen much anymore.
If I want to get lectured about any little comment I happen to make, I can go hang out on liberal facebook pages.
- drives them nuts, too.
At least i can have a good laugh when I do that.  :thumbsup1:

Offline Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »
A liberal facebook page?    seriously?

lol
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:42:37 AM by Texas@Last »