Author Topic: Deputy exposed to fentanyl via flyer placed on vehicle  (Read 657 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Deputy exposed to fentanyl via flyer placed on vehicle
« on: June 26, 2018, 05:55:56 PM »

Law enforcement in Harris County, Texas, is warning locals to remain alert after flyers placed on deputies' vehicles were found tainted with the drug fentanyl.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/26/deputy-exposed-to-fentanyl-via-flyer-placed-on-vehicle.html

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Deputy exposed to fentanyl via flyer placed on vehicle
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 07:02:13 PM »
Wow.  And how would you know you had come in contact with this stuff?

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
Before I retired last year ATF came and gave us a three hour class on this stuff. I was skeptical at first but am a firm believer now. That stuff is bad juju. We were told to basically told that, if possible, to glove up when you exit your vehicle and for sure to glove up when you search a suspect or search property. I was old school and used a pair of well worn batting gloves so I was reluctant to change. That class made a believer out of me. Like to have a little stock in the company that makes latex gloves.
TXAZ from what I'm told the effects are almost immediate depending on the dosage. The way it was explained to us the symptoms were like any opioid based pain medication except it comes on quickly. If the exposure is great enough, and it doesn't take much, you may not have time to articulate to anyone that somethings going on. Two milligrams to overdose. Twenty pounds in the water supply would OD a city the size of Houston.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
  • Retired Military Police, USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 07:58:41 PM »
AlteSchule,

In "the days of yore", when I was chasing crooks, we had NO such stuff about & I'm REALLY glad of that.
(What I mostly worried about was getting my toucas blown off by some loon cooking meth.)

yours, satx
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barret Travis, Lt. Col, comdt.
Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
Fby 24, 1836

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »
satx75247: In 1973 as an E-5 I saw the Provost Marshall's Operation Sergeant, E-8 veteran of three wars, pick up several orange colored pills off the floor board of a vehicle involved in a one car accident. After explaining to him he shouldn't handle potential evidence, and him getting in my ass and telling me he had been "dealing with this sh** for twenty years", he washed his hand off off in a puddle on the side of the road. To late. It was later determined that he had been exposed to at least 50 doses of LSD. To make a long story short after being in a medical induced coma for a week he recovered, barely. He was forced to retire and admitted to me that he should have listened as he saw animals coming of his skin that night.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
I thought I remembered that was the drug/chemical used as anesthesia that was held responsible for Jackson’s death.

From a ‘DuckDuckGo’ search:

“Prince was killed by an accidental overdose of fentanyl - the same powerful painkiller found at the house where Michael Jackson died.”

Is this stuff easy to cook up at home, or what?  Seems like it’s not only some pretty nasty stuff but also becoming common place(?).
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 09:12:46 PM »
Wow Alte, just found this comparison of lethal dose of Heroin vs. Fentanyl:

So the issue was inhalation or contact?

Offline FiveSeven

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
Good lord this stuff is dangerous... Shouldnt it be outlawed? Might as well be a chemical or biological agent like ricin or anthrax.

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 08:03:40 AM »
Good lord this stuff is dangerous... Shouldnt it be outlawed? Might as well be a chemical or biological agent like ricin or anthrax.
Clearly. Let’s hope nobody figures out how to vaporize it to rob a large group.

Oh wait, the Russians already did and killed a bunch in an opera hostage situation with Chechen rebels...

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 09:00:00 AM »

[/quote]
Clearly. Let’s hope nobody figures out how to vaporize it to rob a large group.

Oh wait, the Russians already did and killed a bunch in an opera hostage situation with Chechen rebels...
[/quote]
From what I understand the Russians made a odorless colorless gas from Fentanyl derivative  that would immediately render everyone in the theater unconscious. Only it wasn't immediate or colorless and killed everyone that didn't have a respirator. All the hostages but two died from the gas.
Michael Jackson died from from a Propofol overdose. A close cousin to Fentanyl. He referred to it as his "milk". I had Propofol a few weeks ago when I had my colon scoped. I can see why someone could be attracted and addicted to it. Works fast and your clear headed within five minutes of waking up.
Toussaint Louverture