Author Topic: “Large”, “Huge” Arsenal of weapons found in Hawaii  (Read 1068 times)

Online TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Exclusive of the 18 knives, anyone here have an Arsenal this small:

1 Shotgun
1 Assault rifle
2 Glocks

All found out to be legal but the guy may be a psychiatric patient.

LINK: You can't be a Texan if this is your entire "arsenal"

(url link fixed)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:40:55 PM by TXAZ »

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: “Large”, “Huge” Arsenal of weapons found in Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:10:52 AM »
yep, most of us do.....but we don't take 'em from our residence and check into a hotel, along with mucho ammo, knives and flak jacket (like this guy did)

perhaps something averted on the main island (?)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
  • Retired Military Police, USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
TXAZ,

I couldn't say about the rest of us but every room (other than the kitchen & BR)  in my cottage has more firearms than that.

yours, satx
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barret Travis, Lt. Col, comdt.
Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
Fby 24, 1836

Offline Psyc

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:10 PM »
Exclusive of the 18 knives, anyone here have an Arsenal this small:

1 Shotgun
1 Assault rifle
2 Glocks

All found out to be legal but the guy may be a psychiatric patient.

You might find it enlightening to know who "may be a psychiatric patient."
Add in those with high stress jobs, it's a microcosm of society.
There is no stereotype as the news media may want you to believe, and 'crazy' is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't mean 'clinically crazy'.
But it's virtually guaranteed that *many* in the media have sought out a mental health professional for serious issues, as they work in a very competitive, high stakes business and the stress drives people to act out in often detrimental ways. 
Like anyone else likely would.

That doesn't mean anyone will do something violent to others or themselves, but may need help to better function with specific issues.
Or they may need serious supervision.

There are many little hints in the way people write or speak or act that betray a serious issue.
Here is something closer to home: Based solely on their posts, there is a poster here that I might be concerned should they be armed and upset.
 Maybe they are getting help, maybe not. 
You never know. 
And that's the problem with mental health.
 No one really knows what someone may do when pushed too far.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
while attending Tejas Western, a while back, I had a psychology professor who's Wife committed suicide - I quit his class

Online TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »

... Based solely on their posts, there is a poster here that I might be concerned should they be armed and upset.

Intrigue!  Give us a hint, who is it?

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
TXAZ,

He may well, be talking about me. - In my defense, I HAD to confront an armed intruder in our cottages just yesterday PM. = Tyrone M_________ appeared here pounding on people's walls, cursing loudly & threatening several people on property  that he had 2 concealed pistols & was "going to shoot some M_________".

I went (as the landlord's designated representative) to see what was going on & told the obviously drunken and/or "drugged-up" man to LEAVE the property. 
When he threatened me (& another resident who had come outside to see what was going on), I told the other resident to go back into his cottage & then re-entered my cottage & called 911.
About 15 minutes later, two SAPD officers arrived, contacted me & thereafter disarmed & took Mr. M__________ into custody, when he told the 2 LEOs that, "You stupid OBSCENITY DELETED can't OBSCENITY DELETED make me leave." - Mr. M__________ then told the 2 LEO to "Go @#$% yourself"
(That was the mistake that got him jailed; he spent last night as "a guest of Bexar County".)

Note: What I'm often "concerned about" is the number of supposedly "educated healthcare professionals", who worry about peaceful gun-owners going about our daily routine while armed.
(Fwiw, I've spent a lot of time in courtrooms over my LE career & have lost most of the respect that I once had for "mental health professionals", in that the ones called as "expert witnesses" (& who are allowed to give their OPINIONS) often testify to things that they not only don't have enough knowledge of the facts of the case to give a valid opinion upon but most seem quite willing to testify to ANYTHING, no mater how unlikely, since they are being paid as "hired guns".)
This is especially true of those of us who are licensed by TX DPS to wear concealed handguns and/or are/were sworn peace officers, whether active or retired.
Fwiw, in 2016, the Senior Captain of our Ranger Service said, "Personally I wish that we had 3 times more LTC persons in our State.  DPS licensed handgun carriers are some of the most law-abiding, mature, well-trained & sober-minded  people in all of Texas. In fact, the LTC civilians have a better record for good judgment in use of firearms  than many currently sworn/active TX police."

ImVho, "my problem", if I can call it that, is that I think that we should encourage LTC folks to range qualify yearly, to include REQUIRING LE agencies to open their ranges to LTC persons for regular practice. - Shooting skills deteriorate  quickly W/O constant practice. = My "scores fall" by 10-15%, if I miss my range firing hours for more than 60-90 days.

just my OPINIONS, tex
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:44:31 PM by satx78247 »
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

Fby 24, 1836

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:15 AM »

Here is something closer to home: Based solely on their posts, there is a poster here that I might be concerned should they be armed and upset.

oh joy, we've got a "resident" shrink - yippee   :help:

I'm thinkin' the "a poster here" is probably TXAZ - why ?  'cause nobody else, in their right mind, would subject their shoulder to the pounding it gets from the recoil of a .50 cal monster rifle

he is the craaaaazy one    :th_thicon_lol:

Online TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »

I'm thinkin' the "a poster here" is probably TXAZ - why ?  'cause nobody else, in their right mind, would subject their shoulder to the pounding it gets from the recoil of a .50 cal monster rifle

he is the craaaaazy one    :th_thicon_lol:

I plead guilty to firing Boomer twice with the suppressor on, there won't be a 3rd time for me w/ Boomer suppressed. That sucker bruised and hurt. (but guess who hit the 1 mile target on the second shot :)  )

Tango, I don't think I'm the guy you / Psych are referencing, cause my wife says I'm just a Big Gun guy.  :th_thicon_idea:

Psych, what do you think?

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 01:44:11 PM »
TXAZ,

CONGRADS on the 1 mile hit.
(I'm IMPRESSED, even if nobody else here is.)

yours, satx
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

Fby 24, 1836

Offline Psyc

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »

TXAZ, is that real video you firing a  .50 cal or maybe someone else or edited?
If real, that looks very painful!

Tango, I don't think anyone of us need to worry about TXAZ (except maybe detached retnas or separated shoulders or hearing loss or a bit of an ego :) ).

Online TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 05:04:46 PM »

TXAZ, is that real video you firing a  .50 cal or maybe someone else or edited?
If real, that looks very painful!

Tango, I don't think anyone of us need to worry about TXAZ (except maybe detached retnas or separated shoulders or hearing loss or a bit of an ego :) ).

Guilty as charged sir, that's a 1 second looping gif of my second shot.  Without the suppressor, the recoil is less sharp than most 30 cal bolt rifles without a muzzle brake.   If you'd like to shoot Boomer with or without the suppressor, drop me a line.
Ego, me have an ego? 

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »
Does your recent "incident" affect your trigger finger? I've put a few rounds through your "boomer" and I sure as heck wouldn't want to do it with a bum booger switch.
I must say with the exception of some full auto military weapons "Boomer" was awesome as was Bill's (Tango) .357 Coonan. 

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »
Does your recent "incident" affect your trigger finger? I've put a few rounds through your "boomer" and I sure as heck wouldn't want to do it with a bum booger switch.
I must say with the exception of some full auto military weapons "Boomer" was awesome as was Bill's (Tango) .357 Coonan.
No problems Alte, opposite hand but thanks for asking. 

Offline ArmedTexan

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
I laugh at the fact that there isn’t any brand name calling for the shotgun and the assault rifle, but instead of saying two handguns, wait those are Glocks! And 4 guns....My children by age 9 have shot more guns than this guy owned, but that’s the difference between Hawaii and Texas.
I call my AR-15 Anne; she's pretty and likes to accessorize. My AK-47 is known as Frank, he won't stop no matter how dirty he is. Oh and when the gov't comes look'n for 'em, they be hid'n in the attic!

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »
Thats as bad as the "arsenal" they found in Arizona a couple years ago and the media was going absolutely nuts screaming about how this guy had a  "FIFTY CALIBER",,,,,,,,,

:afraid4:"OMG    :afraid4: !!!!!!!  :scream3:  Thats what they shoot commercial airlines down with"  :scream3:  :afraid4:

It was a damned    MUZZLELOADER.  :th_nuts:

THE LIBTARDS ARE CLEAN OFF THEIR ROCKERS,,,,  :help: :th_nuts:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
BTW, congrats on the long shot TXAZ.  Thats awesome.  :thumbsup1:

I wont touch shooting something with recoil like that.
Im afraid that kinda recoil in my "older age"  would get me to flinching.
I used to get ask to sight in alot of peoples rifles for hunting. But I wont do 338's & 300 win mags, etc,  no more.  I'll stick with my 06's & 270's. I can still handle them.  :icon_wink:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 10:43:06 PM »
BTW, congrats on the long shot TXAZ.  Thats awesome.  :thumbsup1:

I wont touch shooting something with recoil like that.
Im afraid that kinda recoil in my "older age"  would get me to flinching.
I used to get ask to sight in alot of peoples rifles for hunting. But I wont do 338's & 300 win mags, etc,  no more.  I'll stick with my 06's & 270's. I can still handle them.  :icon_wink:
Thanks, most of the credit actually goes to an excellent group of instructors that started watching you shoot, then pointing out issues and refining form, focus and firing. Worth the bucket list price.

We'll have to get together as I expect you'll find the recoil on Boomer (with NO suppressor) is more like someone quickly pushing your shoulder 3-5 inches.