Author Topic: .."Luger" site found..  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
.."Luger" site found..
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »
my renewed interest in obtaining a Luger has led to me finding this fellow's site - along with selling "reconditioned shooters" (which I have some interest in obtaining - along with my desire to own a collectable..) this guy is making new Lugers in .45acp - a bit pricey at $50 some hundred dollars but guess there are some who are interested in having one

take a look at the Handgun Sales tab - those listed are what I'm interested in getting - a "shooter", re-finished with what looks like new barrels and test fired - that tab doesn't show he's got anything currently available so I've requested that, should something become available, I'll be notified (meantime I'll check his site from time to time to see if he's adverting anything

http://www.lugerman.com/Pages/MainPages/Luger45.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:10:23 PM by Tango »
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: .."Luger" site found..
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
Although that's cool and all, that guy is taking a piss with prices like that.

$500 for a presentation box? It better have been made from the wood of Christ's cross at that price, with a hand-rubbed finish made from the fish oil of a Megalodon shark.

I could see maybe $2,000 per unit, maybe even $3,000, but already over $5,000 without extras? Clearly someone is hoping to fleece the Wehraboo's out there in the world. I don't even think Dirty Harry's AutoMag costs that much to produce, and it's much bigger!

Edit: I was right; the AutoMag starts at $3,500.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:48:43 PM by Gilgondorin »

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:15:47 PM »
the .45acp Lugers, obviously, are for a very small segment of gun owners, obviously you're not one of those, nor am I but I'd guess he'll sell "some"

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
@Gilgondorin ... I feel you.  $5k is painful for me too.  But, I do think it is a bargain price.  You or I would easily spend substantially more than that if we went about building our own one-of custom that actually runs.  I think there are a couple folks on this board that own 1911s in this price range.  The 1911s required much less engineering to produce, but the skilled craftsmanship still costs.  When a custom 1911 build has 80 hours in it - figure that as 2 weeks worth of pay worked into the cost of the gun - that's $2000 for a smith that works for $50,000 per year.  And $50k/year is a very long way from rich.  And when you ask $5k for a pistol the buyer is going to expect perfection - meaning we're not talking an average or budget smith is crafting these pistols.  Smith's gotta eat too.

I'm not gonna make the same argument for a presentation box ... plenty of hobbyists can deliver perfection for the love of the craft.  Do those offering them on the market need to eat?

FWIW ... not arguing at all.  I choke on prices like that.  But, I'm happy to burn $1500 to $2000 for a 1911 that is 95% of a $5000 1911.  The last 5% COSTS.  Conversely, I'm amazed how much mass produced polymer pistol or rifle I can get for less than a grand.  I don't expect to fall in love with any polymer pistols and I won't need no stink'n presentation boxes for one either.

$500 for a presentation box? It better have been made from the wood of Christ's cross at that price, with a hand-rubbed finish made from the fish oil of a Megalodon shark.

I could see maybe $2,000 per unit, maybe even $3,000, but already over $5,000 without extras? Clearly someone is hoping to fleece the Wehraboo's out there in the world. I don't even think Dirty Harry's AutoMag costs that much to produce, and it's much bigger!

Edit: I was right; the AutoMag starts at $3,500.

@Tango ..Lugers have that fancy french je_ne_sais_quoi.  I'm wishing you much success in your searches.  I definitely think you should be chasing a pass it around type shooter - just 'cause.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
I almost forgot to ask earlier: How far are you willing to travel to check one out? Are you anywhere near the San Antonio area? Because I see them crop up in pawn shops here on rare occasions and they're typically in the $1,000 range. I know that matching numbers drive up the price of the gun exponentially, so I highly doubt I'll ever find one that sweet for $1,000, but from what very little I know about Lugers, even a shooter grade model is worth about that much so long as it's not really jacked up or falling to pieces. It's just a thought.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:45:07 AM »
see "what's the last gun you bought" thread - have ordered a refinished "shooter" from this fellow

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »

actually there's at least 1 fellow on the Luger Forum who's bought and has in his possession.  And.....aren't you the fellow who thinks that Taco Bell is nifty, while Pappadeaux' isn't ?

Offline bravo619

• Range Rat
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 03:26:37 PM »
Okay ya want a nice Luger go here!  https://edelweissarms.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 03:44:48 PM »
guess you haven't read the entire thread - I've found the pistols I want

and here :  http://www.texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=9995.500

Legacy is a very reputable and respected source - wouldn't go anywhere else for a "collectible"

Offline bravo619

• Range Rat
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
guess you haven't read the entire thread - I've found the pistols I want

and here :  http://www.texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=9995.500

Legacy is a very reputable and respected source - wouldn't go anywhere else for a "collectible"
WOW sorry I tried to help next time Ill walk on by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »
what I meant was.....the thread was for anyone interested in my luck finding what I was looking for, not a request for information of where to look

but.....thanks anyway

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »
whoohoo - got notified that my 1906 7.65 parabellum has been shipped today  (but.....via the u.s.p.s., with whom I don't have a lot of confidence - dang, it could wind up "anywhere"  :help:)

meantime I bought a 50 round box of Fiocchi .30cal Luger ammo for it and 2 Mec-Gar magazines are "'sposed" to be delivered today

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
well damn !  the good old usps strikes again !!!!! 

been getting notifications that my collectible model 1906 Luger was to be delivered to the FFL TODAY - and now the baytards notified that it'll be manana

don't they know I'm a very impatient sorta person    :help:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 07:29:05 AM »
usps matters not (now).....I got my model 1906 (1912-1914 build), 7.65mm(.30calLuger), collectible yesterday afternoon - have already done a big Field Strip and inspection on it - it's as pristine as Legacy advertised.  This is an all original, including finish, with all matching numbers - have ammo but don't "plan" on shooting it - just holding, fondling and looking at it (for now) - I hope I look that good at age 105 (now..just waiting for my 1935 P08 Nazi in 9mm to arrive so I can go "shoot a Luger".....I'm a happy camper  :th_thicon_idea:)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
Straight out of a movie Tango.  Congrats!

What ammo does that take, 9mm Luger or something else?

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »
this pistol is in the "original" 7.65 caliber (.30Luger) - Geo Luger modified his original pistol in 1902 so as to shoot his new 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge - Lugers were then produced in both calibers (that was the same 9x19 ammo that we're all familiar with and enjoy shooting these days) 

he also made up a few pistols in .45caliber (in 1907) to take to the US to compete with the Colt (Colt .45 won)

I've got a re-finished P08, all matching 1935 Nazi in 9mm ordered - pins and needles waiting for it - it will be my "shooter" (reports that round nose Winchester White Box shoots and cycles well in the Luger..)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 06:55:34 AM »

You or I would easily spend substantially more than that if we went about building our own one-of custom that actually runs. 

Dred - this fellow is doing a bit more than building a 1 off pistol - check out (scroll all the way thru) this interesting section from his website - he's got a sophisticated operation in the works - "when" I win one of the Lotteries I may be interested in 1, 2 or a half dozen of his creations in various models and calibers - true works of art according to those who've bought

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »

You or I would easily spend substantially more than that if we went about building our own one-of custom that actually runs. 

Dred - this fellow is doing a bit more than building a 1 off pistol - check out (scroll all the way thru) this interesting section from his website - he's got a sophisticated operation in the works - "when" I win one of the Lotteries I may be interested in 1, 2 or a half dozen of his creations in various models and calibers - true works of art according to those who've bought

I like it, and can't just hit like from Tapatalk anymore. So, I'll just offer this rough revenue analysis. If all 90 customers pop for the $12k 10mm they stand to collect $1 mil to cover machine costs, material costs and wage costs for 5 people over 2 years. They are not getting rich with their proposed production/delivery schedule.

Anyone wanting one is advised to grab the first available - there strategy is not sustainable.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 02:15:30 PM »

..Anyone wanting one is advised to grab the first available..

did ya miss the part where I said I needed to win a lottery (in order to buy) ?   :help: