Author Topic: ..ah shucks..  (Read 548 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
..ah shucks..
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
was in town, at a place that sells yard equipment (dropped off my leaf blower for a tune up) and they've got a small gun shop, so I browsed.....

noticed a Luger and asked about it since I've never seen one for sale in a gun shop before - a 1942 9mm and was on consignment

the bad :  someone had it chrome plated   :thumbsdown:  in my opinion the Historical Value of the piece went out the window when whoever-it-was did that

I personally wouldn't own it - even as a "shooter"
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Rimfire Shooter
  • Trophy Husband!
    • View Profile
Re: ..ah shucks..
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 07:51:16 PM »
that is shameful. i have never had the opportunity to shoot a Luger, but i have always liked the looks of them. they are very nice looking pistol.

but i wonder, how hard would it be to have the chrome removed? is it even possible to remove the chrome without doing further damage to the pistol?

i agree. the value tanked after they had it chrome plated. actual monetary value, and historical value. shameful. some people should never be allowed to mess with guns!
"A vote is like a rifle. It's usefulness depends upon the character of the user."  Teddy Roosevelt.

"Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Emiliano Zapata.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 06:41:48 AM »
yep, a shame

I'm getting "hot" again for a Luger and have been continuing my "looking" - guess I'll eventually find the perfect example for me :

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/ww2-collectibles/hand-guns/lugers

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 04:17:03 PM »
I submitted an offer for the DWM .30 Luger (which is on consignment) and it was passed along to the consignor - haven't heard from him as yet