Author Topic: Panic buying?  (Read 808 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Panic buying?
« on: March 02, 2018, 07:46:42 PM »
Anybody seeing it? Lots of chatter on the state and national forums about the availability, or the lack thereof, AR-15's and accessories and ammo, AK-47's and 9 mm. Not seeing it my part of the world. Local Academy today had plenty of ammo. Tula and Wolf .223 sold out which is normal. Picked up 100 rounds of Remington plain jane 115 gr 9mm for $18 plus tax. The rack of AR 15's was pretty well picked over. Three or four left out of the 10-15 that are usually out. Lot's of P-Mags and other magazines on the shelf. As usual the M-Lok stuff and most lights and lasers and other gizmo's were pretty well picked over but I don't think they have restocked since Christmas. Local LGS about the same.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Panic buying?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
Not seeing anything locally, still lots of ammo available, even at Walmart.

Online TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »
None I've seen up here.

I just checked match ammo for Boomer and Blaster.  .50 BMG 750gr match is down 5-10 cents per round on ammoseek.com
6.5 Creedmoor match is steady - a few cents less.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
I hope we do not go thru this again on ammo

Online Ricochet

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • Gun Shop Vulture
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Haven't seen signs of the panic buying, yet.  Most of my suppliers are out of your basic run of the mill AR-15's.  I believe dealers are gambling that there will be some sort of scare and are stocking up.  Hi-cap mags are also starting to sell out at some suppliers.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:23:01 AM »
I bought some ammo on Sat and went shooting yesterday. So far, ammo is still on the shelves... I know ammo is not related to this issue - but if panic buying starts - EVERYTHING goes.....

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
I bought some ammo on Sat and went shooting yesterday. So far, ammo is still on the shelves... I know ammo is not related to this issue - but if panic buying starts - EVERYTHING goes.....
Did you go to the indoor range or out to Snook. The Marksman web page has been for sale for awhile now. Called a couple of times and didn't get an answer. They were open Fri, Sat, Sunday only and wondering if they packed it in again.
Thread is all inclusive, ammo, accessories, any thing firearm related.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »
Did you go to the indoor range or out to Snook. The Marksman web page has been for sale for awhile now. Called a couple of times and didn't get an answer. They were open Fri, Sat, Sunday only and wondering if they packed it in again.
Thread is all inclusive, ammo, accessories, any thing firearm related.

I went to Champion and shot inside. Was a waiting line around 4pm. They were packed.... I wanted to shoot my new Walther P99 again (only had 1 trip with it so far). And, I shot my P2000sk. I bumped it, and I wanted to make sure the rear sight hadn't moved... It hadn't.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »
Just ordered another 2k rounds of 9mm 147g HP Reman from Freedom Munitions ($0.19/round to my door)...no panic at all, just restocking when a good deal is offered.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Lone Rider Leather

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
  • Too Damn Old to fight.............with fists
    • View Profile
    • LoneRider Leather
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »
MAKE MY OWN EXCEPT .22
"Keep the Change Bob"
"You gonna' pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
"Buzzards gotta' eat, jus like worms"
"Dyin' ain't much of a Livin'"
Happy Trails

Offline ArmedTexan

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
I just bought 800 rounds of 7.62x25 for under $180. Its the cheapest that Ive seen in a few years. Im happy that soon I can shoot my M-57 and PSS-43 again!
I call my AR-15 Anne; she's pretty and likes to accessorize. My AK-47 is known as Frank, he won't stop no matter how dirty he is. Oh and when the gov't comes look'n for 'em, they be hid'n in the attic!

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 01:31:45 AM »
The only thing I seen in central PA was that last year, prior to the election,, the LGS's stocked up on AR's & ammo big time thinking hiliary would win, and they would make a fortune.

Didnt work out of course. Now they are jammed packed with ammo & AR's. So the prices have been down,, so far.

Im sure the current news and political talk is going to get the prices creeping back up again though. And the shops will bank on a panic buy.

I did see Buds Gun had full size 20' Ar''s in stock since Xmas for about $750. , 3 weeks ago they jacked the prices up almost $200 on a rifle,, and last week, they are sold out.

So maybe something is starting.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".