Author Topic: ..laser only, no light for pistol..  (Read 516 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
..laser only, no light for pistol..
« on: February 11, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »
have a Streamlight TLR which I've mounted on my AR but now looking for something for my FN 5.7 pistol

don't really want anything too expensive (as is the Streamlight) - something under $100 would work and would like a laser only, no light

any recommendations ?
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
Re: ..laser only, no light for pistol..
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
I've found this brand https://iprotec.com/c/Rail-Mount/5 at Academy and have both the laser and laser/light combos. Usually around $40 for the laser and $75 for the combo.
I've also ordered some here https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=laser+firearms through my wife's Prime account. Nothing fancy, much cheaper and they work.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:50:26 PM »
thanks Pat - ordered an ADE off of Amazon - $30+ - will see if it's any good (or something for the parts box)

using the 5.7 for nightstand duty (backed up with the AR and it's binary trigger leaning against the wall)

when are we gonna go shoot ?

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
End of the month or beginning of next month. No Monday's correct.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »
Mondays are good - 1/2 price on Mondays = $10 per hour (vs $20) but anytime is good

Offline Tango

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
patience is not a virtue that I possess - tired of waiting for amazon to ship an "in stock" Laser Sight that I ordered so bought one from our local Academy

paid a little more than I wanted to, but like I said.....

all mounted and somewhat adjusted - now to take it (my FN 5.7/IPro Red Laser) to the range and fine tune it

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 01:33:13 PM »
I have found that Amazon is hit and miss on firearm accessories. I think "in stock" can also mean that their contract distributors, not necessarily the Amazon warehouse, has them on the shelf. I ordered a Hogue monogrip for my new Ruger with Amazon last Sunday. Delivery is expected sometime before the 21st. Can't complain about the free shipping though.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:45:58 AM »
finally got this (very) little red Laser - if it holds up it's gonna be a nifty addition - and really inexpensive - got the more expensive one, the iProtech Q series, on my 5.7 and have put this on the Wife's G19.....now, need to take both to the range and sight 'em in

https://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced-Optics-HG54R-1-Universal/dp/B071F9DJZM/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1519047681&sr=8-23&keywords=laser+pistol+sights