Author Topic: SIG P365  (Read 2815 times)

Online Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: SIG P365
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »
I would still rather have a Shield over the 365.

My dad has a Shield. It's an old  man's gun! :th_thicon_lol:

JK Ship! :th_thicon_idea:
Well I must be and old man as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »
I would still rather have a Shield over the 365.

My dad has a Shield. It's an old  man's gun! :th_thicon_lol:

JK Ship! :th_thicon_idea:

I actually used to have two Shields, when they first came out. I carried one for 3 years because I switched to my HK P2000 as a carry gun

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 05:43:43 PM »
Wife and I have a Sig each (938/238) my 9mm had horrible cycling issues when I 1st got it - back to Sig - twice - finally talked to a factory gunsmith and he said "the 938 was designed around a 124gr bullet, don't try shooting 115gr  !  what b.s. - Sig never put anything out to the buying public, they never said anything to me when they returned the pistol and there's zero about in the owners manual about it (subsequent 938 don't seem to have that "problem")

but.....I'll never buy another Sig product
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline AdioSS

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
    • VEPR.org
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 12:38:57 AM »
Aside from probably a slightly better trigger, the P365 has nothing to offer over my old Keltec P-11

And my mags are cheaper  :th_thicon_idea:

Oh yeah, the 12 round mags are flush fit.
Cheston

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 01:52:12 AM »
While I like the 938 my DIL has, I will never again  buy a sig product.

The crap they did with the 365 left a really bad taste in my mouth.

They knowingly built a pistol that was prone to fire when dropped,  it failed the XM MILITARY test, then they quietly fixed the military's version but continued to sell unsafe pistols to the public.

And the politics and military helped them cover it up.

That was a world class shit trick.

Both CZ and S&W / detononics entries beat the pants off the sig. But sig still somehow won the multi billion dollar contract. With an inferior  pos.  :thinker:

I want our boys to have the best,  and IMO, that sig just wasnt it.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:04:31 PM by DCD327 »
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 08:55:13 AM »
While I like the 238 my DIL has, I will never again  buy a sig product.

They knowingly built a pistol that was prone to fire when dropped,  it failed the XM MILITARY test, then they quietly fixed the military's version but continued to sell unsafe pistols to the public.

And the politics and military helped them cover it up.

That was a world class shit trick.

Both CZ and S&W / detononics entries beat the pants off the sig. But sig still somehow won the multi billion dollar contract. With an inferior  pos.  :thinker:

I want our boys to have the best,  and IMO, that sig just wasnt it.

I agree. But, when I have brought this up in the past - the Sig fanboys of that pistol dismiss the facts. So, I don't even bring it up.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
Anyone have any info on the SA Hellfire?
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
--------------
I agree. But, when I have brought this up in the past - the Sig fanboys of that pistol dismiss the facts. So, I don't even bring it up.
[/quote]
-----------
No doubt Ship. The TRUTH   and REALITY can be a real pita to those who dont want to accept it.  :th_nuts:

But if it saves one enthusiast from making  $500  mistake. It's worth telling.  :th_thicon_idea:

I was looking at an unrelated brand  carbine not to long ago. According to the talk on forums, on certain calibers, The gen 1 and gen 2 had cycling problems. Certain mag versions also had issues.
By gen 3 they totally solved ALL issues. 
I bought a gen 3 ,About $750 bucks, and it was well spent. Has run flawless. But had I not been reading forums,, I would have bought a gen 1. And that woulda been a mistake.

And the whole time, the fanboys were pooh pawing anyone trying to discuss it.

Sounds like the same issue with the 365. Just DONT buy a gen 1. They're reported to be fine after that.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Babbalou1956

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »
Aside from probably a slightly better trigger, the P365 has nothing to offer over my old Keltec P-11

And my mags are cheaper  :th_thicon_idea:

Oh yeah, the 12 round mags are flush fit.

I had forgotten about the P-11 & that it's DAO. I prefer DAO so I never got a P365 or Hellcat. I'll look around for a P-11 locally.
(2) Ruger LCR 38
Ruger 22/45
SIG P290RS
SIG P250 .45
SIG P250 9mm SC
Beretta Pico 380
Taurus 66 .357
Taurus TX22
Marlin 795 .22 rifle

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2019, 01:06:18 AM »
The last kel-tec I owned was a PF-9 and the trigger on that was terrible. DAO, long and heavy with a false reset. I hope the P-11 is better but I'll stick with my G19.
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline AdioSS

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
    • VEPR.org
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
The factory P-11 trigger sucks. I won’t deny that. But I will say that my trigger is not factory. I did a little work to lighten the weight to consistently under 7 pounds, & swapped in a metal one that feels much better.
Cheston

Online Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 10:03:36 AM »
Dimension posted above are extremely close to those of my 45 shield (with flush mag) which I carry with 9 rds and a spare 8 (hyve extensions on 7 rd mags become 8). Ill take less rds with more umph personally.

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »
Dimension posted above are extremely close to those of my 45 shield (with flush mag) which I carry with 9 rds and a spare 8 (hyve extensions on 7 rd mags become 8). Ill take less rds with more umph personally.

9 rounds of 45. Is nothing to argue with.
1 round center mass will drop a perp like a bad habit.
It's like getting hit by a dump truck.  :thumbsup1:

Online Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 04:49:53 PM »

While NO hand gun is a man stopper I feel it will suffice should I (hope not) ever need it.

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 11:46:50 PM »

While NO hand gun is a man stopper I feel it will suffice should I (hope not) ever need it.

If you've never seen someone shot center mass with a 45.  go look up some vids.

Not only will it stop them cold,, it sends them backwards off their feet, and drops them in a pile.

Some may say it's not a man stopper,, but its danned close.

There was a you tube video not to long ago of a store owner that shot a would be armed robber  in the chest with his 1911 at about 15 feet. 

1 shot, 1 kill. That guy was dead when he hit the floor. The perp was coming at the owner.  It took him right off his feet and sent him airborne backwards several feet.

45.  In close Is absolutely nothing to mess with.  :th_thicon_idea:

I been CONCEAL carrying  a 9mm most of the time for 32 years. And imo, you can't count on a 9mm to drop a guy. There are alot of stories about perps getting all shot up with 9mm and still running away to be found dead bled out somewhere.
Shot shot placement is critical.

No way I'm messing with a 380 or 32. I've read and heard  to many stories from er dr's of bandaides fixing the skin breaks from no penetration.  .

I think its kinda iffy carrying a 9mm unless your an excellent shot.
I carry a 9 because of gun size and accuracy.

I have  carried  a 22 mag when concealment with a suit really mattered. .  At least they have massive penetration.  Better than a 38. So a hit with a 22 mag is going to do some major internal  damage. It's not going to kill them right off,, but it will certainly drop them. I've seen it. They make a very nasty wound channel.

But at the end of the day,,, ANYTHING is better than nothing. So carry what you can handle and hit the target with.
Really, imo, anything less than a 45. You better plan on follow ups  and cause a case of lead poisoning. 

When I open carry, and concealment no concern,, it's a 45 LC + . 357 mag, or 327fm on my hip, all with hot n heavy  ammo. Mostly when I open carry, 4 legged critters (bears )are the main concern.
Living rural,, penetration  is the main concern. Backround not so much. So even the 9mm have fmj. 

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »
But, since anecdotes are not data, here's like an actual study on why handguns suck and you should carry as much ammo as you can and be as accurate as possible.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power
I have a few guns.

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 10:32:19 PM »
This guy must have missed the memo.

https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job-clGBbLYpnqqHxwMq/

And we are suppose to condemn a 45 because some cop was shooting at the perp THROUGH the windshield,, fired 33 rounds, and hit the guy in the torso area only  6 times.

If it were not for the fact that the cop was ambushed,  and shooting through his own windshield,, I'd say he needs to work on his accuracy some.

Dont matter what kinda ammo, caliber,  or how many bullets, you send down range,

Dont mean a  thing if your not hitting the target.