Author Topic: Springfield Armory Unveils New Pocket Pistol  (Read 300 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Springfield Armory Unveils New Pocket Pistol
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:50:58 AM »
Springfield Armory Unveils New Pocket Pistol

Springfield Armory recently unveiled its newest compact pistol designed for concealed carry.

"Springfield Armory's 911 .380 is the perfect pistol for your everyday carry," according to a recent press release.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/01/03/springfield-armory-unveils-new-pocket-pistol.html

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Springfield Armory Unveils New Pocket Pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »
my Wife already has one, but it's called the Sig 238 (nice copy tho..)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
Yup same thing I thought. I had to register a warranty through them and get their newsletter and updates once or twice a month. When I saw this last week I thought WTH that's a Sig. Without checking I think this is Springfield's first offering in a .380 platform. If so I'm surprised as the .380 has become quit popular in the past few years. Like automobiles I stay away from first production models so I'll give this a pass. I have a couple of .380's anyway and not looking to add one anytime soon.
Not to change subjects but I've been married 45 years today. My wife just gave me a gift card to our local gun store. As i'm also having a new roof installed on my house today I'll probably go to the LGS range and do some banging of my own. I might rent one of the new Sig's, I mean Springfield's, if they have one.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • Hits the Target
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Looks like another copy of the old Star model D.  Which is what the original Colt .380 Government, Mustang and Pocketlites were based on. 
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
a 1911 (type of platform) is a 1911 is a.....  guess it's pretty hard to produce one that doesn't look like something that's already "out there" - a cosmetic thing here, a cosmetic thing there (but, then again, there's my Coonazz .357  :th_thicon_idea:)

Nighthawk Enforcer and the Guncrafter Inds No Name (but, oh look, front sights and triggers are different..) :

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum