Author Topic: ..troubleshooting my G24 FTE/Stovepipe problem..  (Read 374 times)

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
..troubleshooting my G24 FTE/Stovepipe problem..
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »
at the Madisonville "shoot" I was and others were having FTE & Stovepipe problems when shooting my G24 (.40cal long slide w/RDS)

I suspected that it was the 21 round "happy stick" that we were using so I took all to the range today and gave the pistol, the happy stick and it's 2 "factory" 15 round mags a good workout.....determined that the problem was, indeed, the happy stick - I could actually see it moving around in the mag well - the factory mags worked flawlessly

another pistol I shot was my G26 (9mm truck center console pistol) - it too has a happy stick (30 rounder) and it too exhibited the same problems as the G24 (FTE & Stovepipe) - but the factory mags, once again, shot flawlessly

so, the 2 happy sticks are going into the trash bin

then still another pistol I shot (for exercise) was my CC Sig 938 - shooting 124 & 147 grain ball ammo it had no problems what so ever

now I've got 3 dirty pistols to clean   :thumbsdown:  but glad to do away with happy stick problems

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
Re: ..troubleshooting my G24 FTE/Stovepipe problem..
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:54:37 PM »
I think I asked you before... Are you sure they are factory glock mags?  factory ones will have a part number on the back spine.

I ask because I have a lot of high cap glock mags in 40 and 9 and have never had a single issue with them. I refuse to buy the korean or other off brands.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »
1st, thanks for your input Sean - of those 2 happy sticks neither one has a part number, just "Glock" (logo) and "Austria", on both (and yes, you did ask before)

if I recall, my Wife bought the 9mm from the Glock Store (could be mistaken) and also, with an old man's recall, I believe I bought the .40 at a Gun Show

matters not, now, as I'm not gonna use 'em after seeing how they didn't function (that, however, hasn't been the case since I had 'em  :frown:)

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
I think I asked you before... Are you sure they are factory glock mags?  factory ones will have a part number on the back spine.

I ask because I have a lot of high cap glock mags in 40 and 9 and have never had a single issue with them. I refuse to buy the korean or other off brands.

I'd also suspect that the happy stick mags are after market. Glock mags, even the happy sticks, should work well.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »
understand fellas, thanks.....

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »
Well if you're going to throw them in the trash, do you mind if I give them a shot in my G24C? I'll gladly pay shipping, and while I doubt they'll do any better, you never know.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
be my "guest" - let me know the details of where to send

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 07:47:36 PM »
Well if you're going to throw them in the trash, do you mind if I give them a shot in my G24C? I'll gladly pay shipping, and while I doubt they'll do any better, you never know.

hey buddy get to the back of the line... (behind me)..

Just jokes...

I have dozens without issue including mag additions (+10 etc.).. hell I cannot even find  my last batch I ordered.. :(