Author Topic: The OFFICIAL CZ Thread!  (Read 5329 times)

Offline snakeye

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL CZ Thread!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
3 CZ-97's on Gun Broker right now

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »
I can seem to get pics to load,  :scream3: ,, so I can post my CZ wheel.   :bangheadonwall:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »
I can seem to get pics to load,  :scream3: ,, so I can post my CZ wheel.   :bangheadonwall:

PM me and I will give you my email address - you can send them to me and I will edit your post

Offline HKaltwasser

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »
Not a CZ, branch off . Sphinx AT 2000 H

Offline satx78247

• Military
  • Progressive Reloader
  • Retired Military Police, USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
WISHING that I could find a NICE/used CZ-85, as I'm a southpaw, but haven't seen any for sale around here in YEARS.

yours, satx
"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barret Travis, Lt. Col, comdt.
Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
Fby 24, 1836

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
[/img]

WHY the heck does this forum have to be such a PITA to load pics?
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »
[/img]

It is no different than any other forum that does not host photos on its own server. It works like most of the other gun forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues. I am on a cell phone right now, so I cannot type out a ton of instructions at the moment.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 08:40:01 PM »
[/img]

It is no different than any other forum that does not host photos on its own server. It works like most of the other gun forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues. I am on a cell phone right now, so I cannot type out a ton of instructions at the moment.
Ive tried the instructions several times since I joined.

I cant get it to work.

Online Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 01:01:34 AM »
So I am considering CZ for the first time.

I learned about them right here on this page.  Thank you!!

I want a 45. I have a 1911 and I was looking at Beretta, until I saw these.

CZ 97 BD   vs   CZ 97 B

opinions please?

How much is the decocker worth? Prefer it or no?  Is that the only major difference between the two models?

I love the gun look, except for the big hook at the top of the grip.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »
The CZ decockers are my preference to "cocked and locked" safetys.
The 97"B" model ( or ANY CZ B model, ) works just like a 1911. You carry it "cocked and locked with the safety ON.

Since you ask,, the 97 BD, or 75 series BD, CZ decockers is extremely safe.
Once you rack the slide and load the weapon, like any other hammer fired, it is in FULL cock.
You then hit the decocker lever to go to SAFE mode/ decock mode, it drops the hammer to 1/2 cock.
Now it is in SAFE mode and ready to carry. or , ready to fire with a DOUBLE ACTION trigger squeeze.
Once in decock mode, the ONLY action the hammer can move is, it MUST FULLY cam over fully to the rear with a FULL intentional trigger squeeze to go bang. The hammer cannot make any other movement. Unless YOU intentionally FULL cock it manually for a SA trigger pull.. It CANNOT be dropped from 1/2 cock period.

When you are done firing, just depress the decocking lever, and put back to 1/2 cock.

ALSO, once in decock mode, the hammer is at the wrong angle to make any contact with the firing pin, say, if you dropped it and it landed on the barrel and pushed the slide back. Its impossible to have an accidental discharge. The hammer simply cannot touch the firing pin. WRONG ANGLE.
ALSO, you have a built in firing pin block in the trigger, which means the trigger must be fully ddepressed and held to the rear to remove the block so the firing pin can move forward into the primer when hit by the hammer.
So you have 2 layers of safetys.  Its  100% drop safe, and 100% accidental discharge safe when used properly. .

The ABSOLUTE DUMBEST thing Ive seen is people who buy a CZ decocker, manually drop the hammer fully,  and carry it hammer down. You just removed your most important SAFETY feature. In hammer down carry, the hammer is sitting on the firing pin. Now the only safety you have left is the built in triggers firing pin block, which is just a little tit of metal in the trigger.
When in decock mode, the ONLY thing that can make it go BANG is YOU, with a FULL INTENTIONAL TRIGGER SQUEEZE. They are extremely safe.

After the first shot it fired, the BD is left in  full cock,  just like  the B or any 1911 and a lighter SINGLE ACTION pull is required. Or if you are done shooting, hit the decocking lever, and back to decock mode and safe to carry.

Usually, a CZ comes with a great trigger. The decockers are generally about 6 lb SA, and 9 lb DA..
You can change the mainspring for under $5 and cut that in 1/2 if you like a light trigger. ( Ive dont all 4 of my CZ decockers, the triggers are right at 3lb SA, 6 lb DA,, and smooth as glass. ).  Some folks who are used to heavy crappy triggers, may do an unintentional double tap when shooting my CZ's. Ive had my boys do this with my CZ's AFTER they were shooting a stock Beretta 92.

edit to add,,
One other thing,,,, when decocked, your first DA pull is really kind of  a shorter, and very smooth pull.
The hammer is already at 1/2 cock, so dont really have to far to go to cam over and fully drop.
The DA pull on a decocker is quite different and much smoother  that most the DA pulls we are used to like on a revolver. All 5 of our CZ's, you can feel the break on both DA and SA . Its crisp and clean on both. The same with my friends 97 BD.

I love my CZ decockers. If used as designed, they have great DA/SA  action triggers. And they are 100% safe to carry. I trust them more than a cocked and locked. Its just impossible to have an accidental discharge when used as designed.
My wifes first AUTO anything, a 9mm  CZ rami BD. It was a no brainer for me. No safety to mess with in a high stress  SD situation. Its pull it out, point it, squeeze the trigger.
And ITS NOT GOING BANG unless YOU make it go bang. She loves it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:37:23 AM by DCD327 »

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
As far as the 97 B/BD.

I have shot the 97BD several times. Id own one IF I could find one.
I dont think CZ has imported any BD's  in a couple years, or of they did, its in very small numbers.
They are about as rare as woodpecker lips.
One reason Id want a BD model besides the fact I love CZ decockers, is they come standard with tritium night sights, which are really good.
I do see an occasional B model.  ( I dont think they have the tritium night sights, but they might)
CZ's can come in just about any configuration as most CZ sold in the USA are contract over runs from CZ
 contract orders worldwide.  They are building a new production plant in Kansas City, and Ive been told they are currently concentrating on the P10C at first since they just cant seem to build enough of those and try and relieve the pressure on the CZECH plant as they cant keep up with orders. So, HOPEFULLY, we might start seeing some better import numbers on other models.

Its one of the most accurate .45's Ive ever even seen or shot.
Its very smooth shooting with little recoil.
100% reliable like most CZ's.

Its one drawback with me, the 97 is a large pistol.
Its a double stack, so the grip is a tick thicker than a standard 1911.
The slide is a tick wider.

I conceal carry 99% of the time.  I conceal carry a CZ 75 PCR compact. ( very easy to conceal)
So the 97 is not really suited for a conceal carry FOR ME, and would be more of a open carry, or range gun for me. I cant conceal a full size 1911 either, so,,,,.
But I do still love it.  ANd its certainly on my bucket list.  :th_thicon_idea:
Its a great .45. Its accuracy is just unbelievable and unmatched..

CZ is well known for a couple things.
1. QUALITY. They are a very well, old school, built weapon with fine machine work.
2. GOOD triggers.  Cz triggers generally are REALLY good right out of the box and need nothing.
3. ACCURACY.  Most CZ stuff can come right out of the box and smoke high end customs at the range. Their
 hammer forges barrels and tight tolerances ,accuracy is exceptional. Their rifles are also just incredible. ( We  have 5 pistols, and 4 rifles. ) They were worth every penny.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:41:38 AM by DCD327 »

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »
This guy made a bunch of vids shooting the 97 bd. From 100, 200,300, 400 and 500 yards.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »

Online Texas@Last

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
Thanks so much for all your information. I appreciate your time and effort.

I will read and re-read these notes to be sure I absorb it all. Thanks also for the videos.

That is quite an impressive performance for sure.

I know it's not all on the gun, so much depends on matching gun/ammo/skill, but with a crap gun, the other two don't matter.

I may have some more questions as I familiarize myself with CZ, a brand I have not known.

Thanks again!

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »
Glad to help if I can.

While full disclosure would say I am biased and love CZ's. :P

The truth of the matter is they are a fine built weapon, and you are really getting alot of bang for your buck.

Oh, and for full disclosure,,, Once you buy ONE, you will probably be buying MORE.  :th_thicon_idea: