Author Topic: Barrett Suppressor is on the way  (Read 4430 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Barrett Suppressor is on the way
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:35:44 PM »
This is my first NFA item.  I just got notified that my Barrett suppressor

is on the way and should be at the local FFL in a few days.
Since we're past July, and I understand my trust would not be valid, what do I need to do? 
Any pointers to the process would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TXAZ

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#!± Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett Suppressor is on the way
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »
I can give you the same info that's posted everywhere, but I haven't actually made a purchase since the rule change. 

Rule 41F mandates that any responsible person submitting a Form 1 or 4 application on behalf of a trust must include a 2×2-inch photograph of themselves taken within the year prior to the date of the application, two fingerprint cards, a completed NFA Responsible Person Questionnaire (ATF Form 5320.23), and a copy of their trust. All of these items must be included along with the $200 “tax stamp” check or money order made to the  ATF. This effectively requires that trust applicants submit the same information with their forms that individual applicants are currently required to.

In addition, after the effective date of the rule, ALL responsible persons of a trust must submit photos, fingerprints, and Form 5320.23s for any given application. Further, an applicant must send a completed copy of their form to their local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) and all responsible persons must also submit Form 5320.23s to their CLEOs.
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 06:48:51 PM »
Your trust is still valid.  Do you want to get everyone on trust printed and photos or file as individual is the question you need to decide.
Same process either way.  Just more people to round up. 

You have to send a copy of the form 4 to CLEO.  Not get it approved just a notification now.
Then submit like in past and be ready to wait a long time. ATF has said 8 months.  But who knows when they will get around to it.  They are back to taking by money fast. Had few take 5 weeks to cash. Last one was cashed in less than week.

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 03:56:32 PM »
Finally got this sent in today.  Now the wait begins.

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
Good luck.  I'm everywhere from 8 months on some to 3 on some.  See early February coming back for some.