Author Topic: HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE ANYONE CARRYING OPENLY??  (Read 33541 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE ANYONE CARRYING OPENLY??
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:47 PM »
Only cops now. 
Before a few wanting to make a political statement.

Offline Axxe55

• Rimfire Shooter
  • Trophy Husband!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2018, 03:04:06 AM »
Only cops now. 
Before a few wanting to make a political statement.

i support open carry as an alternative choice, as long as it's done with discretion. but there are some that have tried to make it into a spectacle and not about exercising a right or good judgement.
"A vote is like a rifle. It's usefulness depends upon the character of the user."  Teddy Roosevelt.

"Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." Emiliano Zapata.

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2018, 09:34:12 AM »
I'm still OC'ing every weekend.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2018, 11:35:45 AM »
I'm OC'ing all the time, except for places that post 30.07 where I will typically just hang my hat over my gun/holster.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Texbow

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2018, 05:19:39 PM »
3 in the past year.

Offline Ben Dare

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »
Technically, I'm not sure if I saw a guy open carrying or not, a couple months back in a small cafe. He came waltzing in with a handgun in a holster on his side.......... but I noticed it did not have a magazine in it. Either he goofed up and forgot it; it was ejected somehow in the car seat or Barney just carries one round in his shirt pocket.
I'm retired and bored, so pay attention when I say....
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »
Technically, I'm not sure if I saw a guy open carrying or not, a couple months back in a small cafe. He came waltzing in with a handgun in a holster on his side.......... but I noticed it did not have a magazine in it. Either he goofed up and forgot it; it was ejected somehow in the car seat or Barney just carries one round in his shirt pocket.

:th_thicon_funny: :th_thicon_funny: :th_thicon_funny:

Offline ArmedTexan

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
In July, I noticed a man walked in the whataburger in Tomball openly carrying. No one seemed to notice but me.
I call my AR-15 Anne; she's pretty and likes to accessorize. My AK-47 is known as Frank, he won't stop no matter how dirty he is. Oh and when the gov't comes look'n for 'em, they be hid'n in the attic!

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
besides "an alternative choice & it's my right to do so" what possible reason would anyone feel the necessity of carrying openly anywhere but on their own property ?

ok - the folks working in a gun shop/pawn shop, but

I think it's total Bull Hockey to do so otherwise - showmanship to the nth - yeehaw, gimme some of the "Old West"

my opinion, sorry if it offends anyone (not really sorry.....)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »
Tango remember this from last February http://www.texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=17937.0
when some newbie--Bill Redding from El Paso Open Carry ---got on here and turned your honest question into  some type of pi**ing match about how we all on the Texas Gun Forum with diverse opinions on Open Carry were a bunch of idiots and that he was the one with true knowledge as he was the president of Open Carry El Paso. I think he had three or four posts before Ship gave him the boot. I believe that was the last we heard from PaPa Bear also.
I read through the earlier post awhile ago and although Bill Redding, and don't forget he's the President of Open Carry El Paso, annoyed the hell out of me I look back at it now and have to laugh.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
yep, I remember that, uh, guy - the john mccain of the firearm forums
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline m5215

• Range Rat
  • Pistoleer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
I don't recall running into anyone yet that happened to be open carrying.
Beretta M92 (step slide)
Beretta M92S
Beretta M92D
Beretta M92FS
Beretta M92FS Inox (Ghost)
Beretta M92FS (1992 Police Special)
Beretta M92 Compact L
Beretta M92FS Centurion
Beretta M92A1 Brigadier (custom)
Beretta M9A2 (custom)

Online Shield45

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2018, 06:52:24 AM »
Had a customer in my store last week no n leo who was OCing.
I have had several officers in civi clothes ocing before however he was my 1st non leo sighting in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2018, 12:52:42 AM »
I had two nice conversations with people while I was open carrying at the barber shop today.
A husband and wife who have their LTCs and were curious about open carry, over the normal concerns, and a guy who recently moved to Texas from North Dakota and wanted to know how to get his LTC.
Invited them to come out and shoot some IDPA/USPSA to get more comfortable with defensive/dynamic shooting.

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
I had two nice conversations with people while I was open carrying at the barber shop today.
A husband and wife who have their LTCs and were curious about open carry, over the normal concerns, and a guy who recently moved to Texas from North Dakota and wanted to know how to get his LTC.
Invited them to come out and shoot some IDPA/USPSA to get more comfortable with defensive/dynamic shooting.
Is that the first time you have been approached with positive inquiries while you OC? Any negative remarks? Just curious. Don't OC myself but respect the practice. 
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
Is that the first time you have been approached with positive inquiries while you OC? Any negative remarks? Just curious. Don't OC myself but respect the practice. 

I've been approached around 20 times, and every encounter was pleasant. Most have been a simple "are you a cop?" leading to an explanation of why I prefer to provide my own defense of self and family, with many turning to "how do you get a license to carry?" and detailed explanation provided.

Some have been thanks for carrying, or questions about what I am carrying and if it would be good for them or their spouse.

Even been given free stuff at two different restaurants as a thanks for carrying.

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Smokewagon

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
Still rare to see anyone openly carrying here in the southern panhandle.

Offline DCD327

• Brass Hoarder
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2018, 09:59:21 PM »
Funny, I was reading through this earlier today.

This evening I had to run into Aldi's real quick and grab some milk.
Several interesting things.

I gave our female German Shepherd a bath. She is real good about it. She wont go into the bathroom voluntarily knowing a bath is coming. I dont know how, but she always seems to know my mind. But snap the leash on her and lead her to the steps, she goes right upstairs into the bathroom, gets in the tub and sets down on her own.

After her bath she was excited and playful as usual, but about double the normal.
I was thinking about running into Aldi's, hadnt said anything, but when I sat up the recliner, she goes racing over to the door and grabs my one boot. The laces were kinda tangled, so the one was dragging behind for a bit. She was looking at the boots, looking at me.
About the time the boot laces came apart, she walked the one boot over and dropped it at my feet. When I pulled it on,, She ran back to the other boot and stood there until I pointed and said bring it too. She carried it over and dropped it.

So That means she wants a ride I guess.  :P Whether I want one or not.   :th_thicon_funny:
She never did that before.  WHO IS TRAINING WHO ?  :thinker:

After putting on my heavy leather carry belt, and CZ Pcr, off we go. Its kinda chilly, so I had a T shirt on, but grabbed a button up flannel. Buttoned, but NOT tucked in, as I usually do for conceal carry.

So I noticed instantly in Aldis, these women are mostly looking at me.  :th_thicon_question:
Honestly, I didnt give it my though as I needed a shave,, and likely a shower, but it was just a quick trip.

When I  got to the cashier, she has seen me in there quite a bit. She smiles, the usual greeting. Ask about the weather outside, etc. Nothing abnormal at all.
But when I reached for my wallet, she looked RIGHT at my sidearm.  :th_thicon_idea:
Never said a word. Just a normal smile.  :thumbsup1:

Here my shirt was bunched up behind it and, usually I notice that right away, but with a T shirt on,, it totally escaped me. ,,,, so TODAY,,, I OPEN CARRIED :facepalm: :th_thicon_funny:

Here I thought all those  300 lb heffers were looking at me cause I needed a BATH.  :wave1:
NOPE,,, nothing that nasty.
They musta JUST LIKED MY CZ.  :thumbsup1:

But nobody said anything or seemed alarmed.
Although I do open carry some, its mostly home, camp, rural areas when I know Im not headed for town etc. I usually do not open carry in town,, its my preference to conceal carry in crowded places.

But there's another one for the gipper to add to this year.
 I did it,, and the world didnt come to and end.  :rocknroll2:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".