Author Topic: Nintendo doubles down on nostalgia with the $60 mini NES Classic Edition console  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Nintendo doubles down on nostalgia with the $60 mini NES Classic Edition console

The company has just announced a re-imagined version of its classic Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) console from the early 1980s, fittingly titled the NES Classic Edition.

Launching on November 11 for a suggested price of $59.99, the NES packs a much smaller form factor this time around, and judging by the promo shots it sits neatly in the palm of your hand. It also ships with 30 built-in games, including Super Mario Bros., Balloon Fight, Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy, Ghosts n Goblins, Pac-Man, and the Legend of Zelda. The console also comes replete with an HDMI cable to plug into your new-fangled HD TV.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/07/14/nintendo-doubles-down-on-nostalgia-with-the-60-mini-nes-classic-edition-console/

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Although this is not on my radar, and neither was Pokemon GO! particularly, it's dangerously skirting the line. Nintendo's been in a nose dive for a while, and while this brought them back up, I don't know how much longer it can keep saving them.

I personally will remain satisfied with my 3DS XL for now, which I bought essentially NIB for $10 -- I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY digging the launch of their emulated old Gameboy/Gameboy Color releases again in a convenient, take-it-with-you-wherever-you-go package. I loved Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
I have a 2DS I bought last year. I have Super Mario and a few other games of old, plus the new ones. But while you can buy the old ones for like $2-$3 each - they are so, so tiny on that small screen.

I will likely buy this myself. Be nice to see it on a tv again.

I had the original nintendo back when I was 18.

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
Although this is not on my radar, and neither was Pokemon GO! particularly, it's dangerously skirting the line. Nintendo's been in a nose dive for a while, and while this brought them back up, I don't know how much longer it can keep saving them.

I personally will remain satisfied with my 3DS XL for now, which I bought essentially NIB for $10 -- I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY digging the launch of their emulated old Gameboy/Gameboy Color releases again in a convenient, take-it-with-you-wherever-you-go package. I loved Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins.

I have a Gameboy Color emulator on my Android phone!  :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline JohnnyDollar

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
I have a psp with some emulators on it, one is for the NES which is pretty good.

I have a few GBA systems, GBA SP, and a DS lite.

I have a few original NES systems, dreamcast systems, ps1, ps2, ps3, x-box, x-box360

I stopped at ps3 and 360.