Author Topic: Streamlight  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Streamlight
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
Since I mounted a TRL1 on my Beretta M9A3 recently... I had to get a replacement, as I had taken it off my Rock RIver 5.56 carbine. I ordered a new one on Amazon, and it came in this week. Only, I couldn't get the damn Glock key out of it. The little nut inside kept rotating inside of the key, so the allen screw could never be removed to change to the 1913 key.

I tried plyers and other options, but no luck. Damn annoying to receive a new unit and have that happen.

But, I called Streamlight on Wed and talked to them. They sent me out a replacement unit and a shipping label (to mail back the original). It came in today. Just changed the key on that one and mounted it. Works fine. Great customer service.

Now, just gotta ship back the original later today. So, while the whole incident was irritating - the customer service was good at least.... I was debating on just exchanging it with Amazon or calling Streamlight. By going thru the company, I got a replacement much faster, and can send mine back AFTER I got the replacement.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:33:36 AM by Shipwreck »

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: Streamlight
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 02:07:33 PM »
That's good news.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 08:54:13 PM »
Good to know as I have half a dozen stream lights. Never had a problem with them to need customer service yet.

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:54:30 AM »
Yeah, I've been very happy with my Streamlights, glad to hear they have good customer service.
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »
Interesting. I don't remember changing the key and mines been on a few different guns, blocks berettas, etc.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
Interesting. I don't remember changing the key and mines been on a few different guns, blocks berettas, etc.

You may have the 1913 one already on it then. It comes with a Glock piece installed already.

Maybe the 1913 piece will also fit on a Glock too? I don't know....