Author Topic: Your nightstand/bed gun: Separate flashlight or gun mounted?  (Read 8580 times)

Offline wasteman

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
Re: Your nightstand/bed gun: Separate flashlight or gun mounted?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
Back off 500 feet, I'm a professional

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 05:47:10 PM »
my g24 (longslide .40cal glock) does have a rail mounted light but it's only there 'cause it looks good and it's of no use, by itself, in the safe - I doubt that I'd use it in anger - the glock also sports a 22 round "happy stick" mag

I also have a 4 cell flashlight on the nightstand, just 'cause

next to the nightstand is my 20ga pump Mossberg "camper" (short barrel, pistol grip)

plenty of fire power should it ever be required (and I hope it's never required !)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Scipio Africanus

• Can Line Up The Sights
  • Cold War Relic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »
Now that the kids are grown and out of the house, a WML on a G-30.  Never liked the idea of accidentally sweeping a family member in the dark with the gun using a WML.  So, before that it was an old school 4 D-cell Maglite. If all else failed, it made a great bludgeon.  Having said that, I've survived two forced entry attempts in the dead of night.  I don't do shoulder rolls into every room, conduct room-by-room sweeps, and I don't hesitate to call in reinforcements.  Every light comes on.  There's enough illumination to land aircraft.  I've got 911 on the line, and I'm big and loud and all Hell is breaking loose: "You've got 5 seconds to get out of this house alive! Make tracks! Now!"       
"Wherever you go, there you are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Online dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
I don't have a nightstand. And I rarely have a light mounted to any of the weapons I may or may not have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk