Author Topic: The Official KAHR thread!  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
The Official KAHR thread!
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
Now that we have no "Groups" anymore, I thought I'd start these threads... Previously, there was a "group" for each manufacturer... One could talk about that brand and/or post pics.

Anyway, if ya got a Kahr and are proud of it, this is the place to do a yee haw or post up a pic or whatever!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: The Official KAHR thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
No other Kahr owners?

I did see a nice, stainless K9 yesterday. It feels great. But, for range use, I just like longer barreled guns.

Offline Ben Dare

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
My daily carry is a PM 9. I also have........ uh...... had a P9 but my bride says it is hers now.

Nice weapons.
I'm retired and bored, so pay attention when I say....
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
My daily carry is a PM 9. I also have........ uh...... had a P9 but my bride says it is hers now.

Nice weapons.
:this_thread_is_worthless_with

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
No other Kahr owners here?

Offline pvickers

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:23:57 AM »
  I have a '93 vintage PM9. Awesome little friend. Last month, the recoil spring broke after untold rounds, jamming the piece closed. :bangheadonwall:
 The Kahr website shows an older spring assembly and a newer. They are not interchangeable.
Mine took the older. My SN is VAXXX, the supposedly peaning barrel. Have not had one other issue that caused me to doubt it.

I shoot it better than some of my Glocks (flame suit on).

Offline TerrorDactyl

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »
I am a recent cw9 owner and did not realize that the trigger pull travel would be as big an issue as it has become since i have another weapon that is a markedly shorter pull.  I presume that this can be reworked but would like some owner thoughts if possible.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
I am a recent cw9 owner and did not realize that the trigger pull travel would be as big an issue as it has become since i have another weapon that is a markedly shorter pull.  I presume that this can be reworked but would like some owner thoughts if possible.

Sorry, but the trigger is what it is. Most people really like the Kahr trigger, as it is very smooth and not stagey.

But, I have never seen anyone talk about shortening it, and have never seen that service before.

BG1960

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
The OL picked out a CW9 and promptly dismissed it after learning it had no 'safety'  Still haven't got her to see reason.  I don't care for the miles long trigger, but it's such slick little gun, I can't see sellin' it. 

Offline TerrorDactyl

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
I guess that I will just have to think of the pull as a sort of safety cause it will be very hard to do an accidental fire with it like that.  I like the way it shoots and for defense an intruder will be close enough that any aiming pull mill not be a problem.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
Since I can't carry IWB anymore (at least for now), I am looking for a new carry gun...

I have a PM9, but want something just a LITTLE bit larger for front pocket carry in cargo pants.

I've looked at many possibilities, including the PX4sc, PX4 compact, Kahr K9 and a Beretta 85FS.

I've eliminated the PX4sc after renting it, and the PX4 compact sorta works, but is just too fat.

I plan to rent the Kahr P9 this weekend... While its the polymer version, and I'm really looking for the Kahr K9 (all steel version)... I wanna see if I like it anymore than I do my Kahr PM9...

If I don't, or can't find something that works, I may just be stuck with the PM9 in pocket carry. Since it may be a long time before I can carry a 92FS IWB again, I'm trying to find something I can stand to carry for the foreseeable future. I've never been a real fan of subcompacts, so it's a tough pill to swallow after carrying a fullsize 92FS for almost 2.5 years

Offline Dreamliner787

• Rimfire Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »
I have a CM9 which is nice and shoots good.  I like it a lot and had really high expectations for my EDC but it's just not as reliable as I would like it to be.  So it's my back up piece instead of my main.  Kahr needs to work on improving their mags.

Offline Colonel

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
I have had absolutely no issues with my PM9 and it eats everything I feed it.
Are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie? - Josey Wales

Offline Ben Dare

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
As stated early in this thread, I own a PM9 and the bride has a P9. My brother recently purchased a CM9 and we ran over 300 rounds through it using 5 different types of ammo without ONE malfunction.  :th_thicon_idea:

I noticed a longer trigger pull of the CM9 versus the PM9 (probably 1/4" to 3/8") which caused me to dip the front downward, thus making me shoot at least 8" low...... until I figured it out. I think my hand is just a little big for such a long stroke but after concentrating on the issue, it was all fun.

I was not aware there would be a difference between the two actions and I don't see it as a problem; I'm just passing along the info. Anyone else notice a longer pull on the C series?
I'm retired and bored, so pay attention when I say....
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
Well, I ended up falling for "The Shield" by S&W. I hope to have one soon.

But, after I put it thru its paces - I'll decide if I want to keep my PM9 or sell it. It has factory night sights, and I have 5 mags for it (three 6 rounders and two 7 rounders)

Offline comp73

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
My EDC, Kahr K9 with NS

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
Damn sweet!

Offline winta804

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »
My wife and I each bought a Kahr P 380.  It is difficult to pull the slide.  We have each shot 200 rounds with the guns and it is still difficult to pull the slide because the spring is so tight.  Now we wear gloves so we don't abrade the skin on our fingers.  Any other opinions?  other than that, the pistol is very light and easy to use.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
Not all 380s are blowback. Some are locked breach, but most are not (most are blowback). I do not know if the Kahr is blowback, but the recoil springs of blowback pistols are always very strong. They typically do not loosen up over time. It is likely that this will not change.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
I just looked it up. The Kahr 380 is indeed locked breach and not blowback. Maybe with some time, it will  get a little easier to work the slide. But likely not by much.