Author Topic: $&%#@! Sig  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
$&%#@! Sig
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »
Bought a P225A1 Saturday afternoon. Went to the range Sunday, 2 rounds and the trigger didn't reset. Cycled the pistol and got 1 shot and no reset. Pulled off the right grip and found the grip drags on the trigger bar. Made a shim from some 1/64 (same thickness as a business card) copper sheet I had in the tool box. Problem fixed, ran 97 rounds with no more trouble. Sig will not send a replacement grip, they want the whole pistol back to confirm the problem. The idiot on the "customer service" line told me they won't send out a replacement part even if I sent the bad grip in first. He also said it would be 4 to 6 weeks turn around. This pistol is going to be sold when I get it back. They just lost a customer for life. I stick to CZ, S&W, Springfield, Ruger, and Remington from now on.

When the front sight (Trijicon) went out on my R1 Carry, Remington asked if I wanted to send the pistol back or have them ship a new sight. They sent it FedEx 2 day and I replaced it myself in 10 minutes. When I split a grip on one of my 686s S&W just dropped a new one in the mail.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:29:47 PM by Ron M. »

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: $&%#@! Sig
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
Wow, that sucks.
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »
Brutal. Heard Sig's quality is tanking lately, not sure what's up.

On the plus side though it leaves you with more money for another CZ, which is always good.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:00:59 AM »
Wow and I passed on buying that 290 RS just yesterday. That money is now definitely going towards a new LCR .327.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Ironhorseromo

• Expert Shooter
  • How Bout Them CowBoys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »
That blows!
Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid!

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »
Got the pistol back from Sig today. Work order show grips replaced along with the trigger bar. My measurements show the new trigger bar is .020 shorter. Don't think it was necessary, but, I suspect it's to give a little more clearance at the end of the grip. The return spring was replaced too, although not mentioned on the work order. The new grip panel has a lot more space where it goes over the trigger bar than the old one. It does reset consistently and at the same point every time now. Not sure if I'm going to sell or keep, we'll see after I run a 100 or so rounds through it Sunday.   

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
You should keep it. It does feel good in the hands.

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »
That's about the only reason I'm thinking about keeping it. It's vastly superior to the P239 or P938 in feel ,and for me anyway, accuracy. It does hide neatly with a good OWB or IWB holster, slightly better than my bobtail 1911s.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »
I was so tempted to sell my M11A1 and get one when I picked one up. But, I will admit that I don't like only having 8 rounds in a gun that size, despite feeling very good in the hand.

Only thing that stopped me was I already knew I'm gonna sell the M11A1 to buy a Beretta M9A3. If I bought the 225, I'd just end up selling that later for the Beretta  :P

Offline rapidfire

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
end result?

Offline Ron M.

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »
I've run about 350 rounds through it after the repair, no problems. Think I'll probably sell or trade it off when the the CZ Evo Scorpion carbine becomes available. It's not as accurate as my bobtailed Range Officer Champion and weighs the same. The 1911 also holds 2 more rounds. The only reason I consider keeping it is because it's a DA/SA pistol. The wife is more comfortable carrying the P225 rather than a 1911.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/jeremy-s/scorpion-evo-carbine-other-new-czs-for-2016/

Offline AggieSigGuy

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
Gimme a shout if you decide to sell it.