Author Topic: Popularity of hunting is soaring with girls, women  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Popularity of hunting is soaring with girls, women
« on: August 20, 2015, 08:56:07 AM »
Popularity of hunting is soaring with girls, women

Since 2000, hunting participation by females has risen dramatically in Texas. In the first year of the new millennium, 5,264 females passed the mandatory hunter education course. The course is required of every hunter born on or after Sept. 2, 1971.

By 2010, 8,500 females, 20.3 percent of all students, passed hunter education. In 2014, 16,534 females took the course. Females represented 23 percent of last year’s 72,015 hunter ed students.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/outdoors/20150814-popularity-of-hunting-is-soaring-with-girls-women.ece

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
Re: Popularity of hunting is soaring with girls, women
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »
Wow, I knew the number was growing fast but tripling in 14 years is awesome!
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline cbp210

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Hits the Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
It is growing a lot more than you guys think. Hell female shooters in 4H clubs have also risen. My nine year old is with her local 4H shooting team where she won a silver in the 3 position BB gun tournament in Rosenberg, TX in April 2015 and won a bronze in the prone shooting BB gun State Champions in Conroe, TX the following week.

Offline Ironhorseromo

• Expert Shooter
  • How Bout Them CowBoys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »

It is growing a lot more than you guys think. Hell female shooters in 4H clubs have also risen. My nine year old is with her local 4H shooting team where she won a silver in the 3 position BB gun tournament in Rosenberg, TX in April 2015 and won a bronze in the prone shooting BB gun State Champions in Conroe, TX the following week.

That's pretty cool! I didn't know they had BB competitions.
Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid!

Offline livingintx

• Hits the Target
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 07:34:49 PM »
My girlfriend and I have been taking her 15 year old daughter to the range shooting my Ruger American 243 Winchester. She has a great time shooting Tannerite and last time she shot five 1/2lb containers with 6 shots, 3 were at 50 yards and the other 2 at 100 yards.  The range owner was watching and was really excited to see her shoot. He spent several minutes cheering her on and encouraging her.  She's started bugging her grandfather to take her deer hunting now.
"The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 05:01:47 AM »
Behind every successful realtree-camo wearing, pink gun having, coffee drinking, browning-skull toting range lass is a boyfriend saying "No, sweetheart, straighten your thumbs and change your posture like this. You're doing fine." I've noticed an uptake in the ones trying to get their petite girlfriends to heft a clay with a thrower more than 20 feet on the shotgun range too. :th_thicon_lol:

It's a shame that summer is here already though -- there was a bumper crop of tennis shorts and dry-fit Tee's out there this year. :U