Author Topic: E FILE  (Read 12893 times)

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
Re: E FILE
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
I got Email , But some people said they didn't get email.  Just logged in and saw approval. 

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »
I got an email for each of mine. 
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »
Ok, cool. Its been 37 days, so in theory I should get an email any day now...  :jumping:
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
 :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2:
Jeb
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
Aren't you SBRing your PS90?  Man, that's going to be so frickin awesome.  I just hope it doesn't make me have to go buy one............................... 
Jeb

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
Aren't you SBRing your PS90?  Man, that's going to be so frickin awesome.  I just hope it doesn't make me have to go buy one...............................

That's exactly what I'm doing! Also, 5.7 has dipped in price recently, its down to 38 cents a round, so needless to say I stocked up a bit!  :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2: :rocknroll2:
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 03:36:11 PM »
Dude, you HAVE to get a suppresser next. 

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much win. 

Borrowed the pic from - http://fnforum.net/forums/sbr-suppressors-nfa-items/62394-ps90-sbr-suppressed-project-complete.html
Jeb

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it!

It'll have to wait a bit though. Really want to improve some financial things before I go on another toy buying spree.

Long term though? A 5.56 suppressor and two QD mounts so I can switch it between the Tavor and the PS90 would be pretty epic!
I have a few guns.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
Long term though? A 5.56 suppressor and two QD mounts so I can switch it between the Tavor and the PS90 would be pretty epic!

I was convinced by the engineers at AAC and Silencerco that using a 7.62 suppressor for 5.56 provides better sound reduction (same as .45 for 9mm) when I talked to them about using the larger can for smaller calibers. They (two separate convos at their respective tents at the Texas International Firearms Festival) both said that the increased volume area reduces the sound level enough to make up for the little bit extra gas that escapes the larger bore.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
You know some 22 are rated for 5.7, and usually cheaper than 5.56. 

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
Dom I was told other way.   But I'll find out in person when the ATF decides I can have them. 

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 06:41:55 PM »
Dom I was told other way.   But I'll find out in person when the ATF decides I can have them.

I would be interested in hearing the results of this.
I have a few guns.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »

I would be interested in hearing the results of this.

Agreed, first hand results would be great.
I've researched it and find lots of reports from people who have tried it who say the sound suppression is about the same or very minor difference one way or the other.
One common positive point being noted though is the reduced risk of baffle strikes when using the larger caliber can on sub caliber guns.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 09:07:56 PM »
Just saw some ammo at academy, says made for silencers.   I am a sucker and grabbed two boxes,  so will have even more things to test.   

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »
The SilencerCo guy I spoke to said the Saker 7.62, when configured with the 5.56 end cap, is the best. The end cap just unscrews and you put the 7.62 cap on for larger calibers. I have the 5.56 Saker. Lol. Where was he when I was order the dang thing?!?!   

I love my Saker though. Wouldn't trade it.
Jeb

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
Finally got some free time to shoot my SBR. Now can't wait to get the can.   Also got to test out the threaded barrels for the Glocks , and a few threaded 22's.   

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
300blackout SBR approved today.   Filed dec 6.  With holidays still took 4 days less than last efile.   Efiled 2 sbs Monday night so hoping for even shorter turn around

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
Very awesome. What length barrel are you putting on your 300?? 

I think I'll go ahead and pick up a lower for my 300blk SBR project today. If they have the one I want anyway. If not maybe I'll find one for my A2 build.

I want the shortest barrel I can that won't give me baffle strikes.  9 inch? Down to 8 inch? I know 10.5 is the shortest recommended for 5.56 due to baffle erosion from unburnt powder, but I haven't researched the 300blk yet. I also keep seeing baffle strike problems from super short barrels, although the cause has been debated from muzzle blast to bullet instability due to low velocity. Whatever. Lol. I'm not a physics guy. I'm just looking for the shortest that has the best track record for maintaining accuracy and preventing baffle strikes.
Jeb

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
Crap, I was looking at subsonic ammo to feed the thing................ makes me kinda rethink this. lol. I don't reload yet, maybe I should look into that first.
Jeb

Offline michaele

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
Went 8.5 barrel.  Lots of reports of unburden powder at 8 range.   
I reload so ammo will be around .40 a round unless I find 208 gr in bulk but haven't yet.
I got the upper In few weeks ago and gave to a friend so I just have to go grab it and slap on