Author Topic: CCWSAFE.COM legal defense services  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Ochotona

• Mail Orders Gun Supplies
  • Cats, beware of Mouse Guns
    • View Profile
CCWSAFE.COM legal defense services
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
I am considering using those folks for their legal defense services. They popped-up a banner ad on me, probably because I was looking at Texas Law Shield. They look very good in terms of services offered, and they are priced right at $100 per year, Texas Law Shield is more. Honestly, $100 a year is small. One Starbucks every two weeks? But if it saves you a $50,000 legal bill...
Ochotona Princeps

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: CCWSAFE.COM legal defense services
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »
I contemplate Texas Law Shield from time to time. Never can make myself pull the trigger. (See what I did there?) Lol

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
I've heard a lot of good about Texas Law Shield so I'd lean that way when I get around to it.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline lightskye

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Not the face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
Hmm...looking at their about page, it seems 3 out of 4 of their main guys are former Oklahoma City police but not actual lawyers.  I could care less how many black belts they are in whatever martial arts when I'm considering an attorney, too.  If I had to pick, I'd stick with Texas Law Shield (as I'm already a member).  Now...if I lived in Oklahoma City, I would probably swing the other way (since they probably know a bunch of active cops and maybe even the DA and local judges there). ;)

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »
+1 for Texas Law Shield
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline challl80

• Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:04:48 AM »
Texas Law Shield for the win...
Chris

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

'Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas we call "walking"' - George W. Bush

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
I'm a member of Texas Law Shield, so far I like them. Lots of good info, the card is a good reminder of what to do what not to do and gives you a number to call if anything happens. That's worth the money alone I think, just knowing who to call if you ever have to defend yourself!

Of course, I can't comment on their legal services as I haven't had to use them, hopefully I never will!
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
I deal with attorneys all the time with my job, so I keep a few cards and numbers with me. I haven't gotten that service, though. But, I have thought about it.

Offline PapaG

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
Texas Law Shield has 4 videos on their web site. 45 min each. Good info...
"I am besieged by a thousand or more of the troups under Santa Anna. I have sustained a continued bombardment for twenty-four hours and have not lost a man. The enemy have demanded a surrender... otherwise the garrison is to be put to the sword if the place is taken. I have answered the summons with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat." -- William B. Travis, Alamo

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
Texas Law Shield also does simenars in Houston, San Antonio and Dallas for members and non members. Fees are $5 for members and $10 for non members.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=vbrfcudab&v=001tP2d4sszXqosUCwJlrVbDv5iskl8oO_l_TfC29MJAzTmVP65a6VLq8a2QxObExV0E2E9OHkL-AqRjpk4yoAjicJn14v5s5mqNJZ4XS_lQRk%3D

Dear Clients, Members and Friends,

Good News! Texas Law Shield is proud to be hosting more brand new and exciting member seminars beginning in Houston, on April 11, 2013, at the Arabia Shrine Center.  Like our previous seminars, we have limited seating so please click the link below to reserve a spot at your earliest convenience.  In addition, we are busy working on seminars for Austin, Fort Worth, and several other Texas locations. 

We are especially pleased to have a special guest, Mr. Todd Woodard of Gun Test Magazine, The Consumer Resource For the Serious Shooter, to discuss which handguns are good options for concealed carry and how each gun may perform based on testing.  We hope all of our members will find this extremely informative.
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline Ochotona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
CCWSAFE.COM just launched a 5 year deal for $396. I bought it last night. If their services compare to TLS, it's a great deal.
Ochotona Princeps

Offline Ochotona

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
What are people using for insurance these days? Still Texas Law Shield? CCW Safe has raised their prices, I need to comparison shop...
Ochotona Princeps

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:07:04 PM »
I still don't have anything because I wanna pick my own attorney - not who they give me thru the service

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »
Texas Law Shield spoke at our original CC class - we got it as a result (FNGs !) - had it for that 1st year but didn't renew - don't have anybody now and it'll stay that way
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
We have had this discussion on here a few times over the last three or four years. Some think this type of service is a good thing and others, like myself, believe it to be unnecessary. I would rather have a local attorney, someone that knows his way around the county courthouse and has a working relationship with the district attorney, to represent me.
The majority of these programs will provide an attorney for your initial arraignment. Anything after that is a crap shoot so read the fine print. Not all programs are the same. The better ones are pretty expensive. I have a friend that has a policy through the NRA. He pays $50 a month for their top their program and is very happy with it. There are other similar programs out there.
Even if you carry a firearm everyday you have a better chance of winning the lotto than being in a situation where you have to use that firearm defensively.   
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »
Still using Texas Law Shield, and for $15/month I would be satisfied if they only handled bail and grand jury/arraignment.
Knowing that they cover a whole lot more than that, along with the educational opportunities they provide (I have attended their classes on gun shot wound care and active shooter situations), leaves me easily satisfied with the tiny cost.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Shield45

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »
Still using Texas Law Shield, and for $15/month I would be satisfied if they only handled bail and grand jury/arraignment.
Knowing that they cover a whole lot more than that, along with the educational opportunities they provide (I have attended their classes on gun shot wound care and active shooter situations), leaves me easily satisfied with the tiny cost.
Yup I as well signed up with TLS at my CC class. 5 almost 6 yrs now at 10.95 a mo is less than 800 pd so far. Small potatoes if I need them I (or anyone) could lose it all in fees etc. As above Id say its better than unprotected at all. And 11 bucks a month is nothing I piss away more than that a week on misc bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline busykngt

• 3 Yard Shooter
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP