Author Topic: What to do after a defensive shooting  (Read 8693 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
What to do after a defensive shooting
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
The most important article you will read: What to do after a defensive shooting

This article, as written, hopefully will help bring us a sense of order and understanding on how to better prepare ourselves for handling, or even responding to a shooting event and its aftermath.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/the-most-important-article-you-will-read-what-to-do-after-a-defensive-shooting/

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: What to do after a defensive shooting
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
An article worth reading (go thru all 3 pages)

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »
Good Article i will  have to compare Texas Law shield and the NRA legal plans

Offline Jim in Houston

• Range Rat
  • Hunt upland birds, turkey, elk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »
I have also posted this under another, related thread:

To supplement the video about not talking to the police, Massad Ayoob makes the point in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZXZMYyRl4 that there are some things you should tell the police in the case of a defensive shooting after you have called 911.  The 911 call establishes you as the victim.  In the call, identify yourself and describe your clothing so that the police will recognize you when they arrive.

When the police arrive:

1. Point out the perpetrator.  The guy lying on the ground I a pool of blood will look a lot like a victim to the police.
 2. Tell the police you will sign the complaint .  This further establishes you as the victim.
 3. Point out the evidence to the police - weapons, bullet casings, etc., which can disappear from the scene
 4. Point out the witnesses to the police; they may not remain in the area or may be joined by others, who did not witness the incident
 5. Advise the police that they will have your full cooperation in 24 hrs after you have met with your attorney.  You may still be arrested or detained.

I have Texas Law Shield and carry their card, which contains a statement to be read to the police officer.

Here is a related reference that reinforce the points made in the video: http://www.tactical-life.com/combat-handguns/after-a-shooting-what-to-reveal/
Life Member, TSRA; Endowment Member, NRA

Offline TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »
Thanks.  I sincerely hope no one on this board ever has to use lethal force, but are prepared to do so if needed.