Author Topic: Laser on your gun?  (Read 8006 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Laser on your gun?
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:07:46 AM »
Who here has a laser on either a handgun or rifle? Do you use it much at the range or is it for a "what if" scenario?

Offline Ochotona

• Mail Orders Gun Supplies
  • Cats, beware of Mouse Guns
    • View Profile
Re: Laser on your gun?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
Yes on my J Frame carry this is why

Ochotona Princeps

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
I've decided I'm going to save a little and buy that Center Mass laser I've always though was super cool. I'd also like to try a 92FS with Crimson Trace grips on it. I've played with them, but never shot one with them on it.

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
No lasers. If I ever get NV sorted, I may consider an IR laser for the Varmint destroyer.

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
That would be sweet.

Jeb
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

Offline michaele

• Dreams of Owning a Gunshop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »
Have on that came on my LC 9. I use sights still but where shooting fast I have noticed I just use the laser and not sights so much

Offline mesinge2

• Single Stage Reloader
  • NRA Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Safe Direction Firearms Instruction
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
I have a light/laser on my SIG GSR 1911. I use that one for Home defense so I don't have to search for a flash light and so I will have a free hand if I need it. When I carry a 1911 it is my SIG 1911 sans rail with a flashlight on my hip. I figure if consistency is key, well these two guns are both 4.25" 45 ACP SIG 1911s with 8+1 rounds each. They are practically identical except for the bobtail and the rail.

1911 and Revolver aficionado
NRA Certified Instructor
Αναμονή για την αποκάλυψη ζόμπι

http://www.safedirection.org/

Offline Rup9mm

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 02:18:42 PM »
I have laserlyte center mass on my px4 storm sub and love it..

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
Oooooooooooo, I've been wanting that center mass for my shotgun.

Jeb

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »
I was huge into the laser thing in the late 1990s. Of course, they were not nearly as good. Now, they just don't do much for me.

I had one on a second PS90 I had up until this year. Sold it when I sold the gun. Didn't wanna mess with pressure switches anymore (on a long gun)

Online TXAZ

• Uses a Bullet For a Toothbrush
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
I have a laser / light combo on my P229R.  i use it 99% of the time for the balance the 3 oz provides on the rail, and 1 % for the light.  The laser is an infrequent training aid when I'm dry firing. 

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
I've always wanted a laser on a pistol for use as a dry fire training aid and for a "just in case" feature if I ever end up in a defensive shooting where I have the chance to shoot from behind cover without having to properly line up sights. I just got a S&W Bodyguard 380 with integrated laser so have that covered now.

Now that there are laser/holster combos that will actually engage the laser as you draw I can imagine that becoming a great option for a faster initial shot.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Southpaw

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
Something that's on my list but somehow gets bump for other things.  :frown:

Offline randyjaco

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
I have a  Vidrian green on my M&P 9mm and a Crimson Trace on my Shield. As far as I am concerned laser sights are the only way to go. Just point and shoot. There is just no faster way for me to acquire a target. Neither of mine are the least bit cumbersome. The Crimson Trace unit is very compact and exceptionally well designed. If I am carrying I will guarantee you that it will have a laser sight until something better comes along.  :thumbsup1:

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Ochotona

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
DITTO

It's worth the money

I have a  Vidrian green on my M&P 9mm and a Crimson Trace on my Shield. As far as I am concerned laser sights are the only way to go. Just point and shoot. There is just no faster way for me to acquire a target. Neither of mine are the least bit cumbersome. The Crimson Trace unit is very compact and exceptionally well designed. If I am carrying I will guarantee you that it will have a laser sight until something better comes along.  :thumbsup1:

Randy
Ochotona Princeps

Offline texanbrit

• Has Trigger Control
  • 1911 Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »

Randy

My brain doesn't like 'em.  Had Crimson trace grips on my 1911 and tried a TLR-VLR on my 92A1 with the similar results. 

Running point and shoot drills at the range the laser seems to slow me down and create a hesitation.

I actually liked the crimson trace grips.  They were easy to use and didn't add any bulk or discomfort.
Must...resist...urge...to buy....more.....guns......

Offline Ochotona

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »
I just put this Crimson Trace Rail Master CMR-201 on my Smith and Wesson SW-99. It activates with ambidextrous tap switches. Very nice. Now I'm ready for the bump in the night.

Ochotona Princeps

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
That is pretty cool! I had a SW99 once too. Back in 2005, I think. Good gun.

Offline Ochotona

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »
Question... how often should I replace the batteries, just to be totally on the safe side?
Ochotona Princeps

Offline Mongo

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
I took in a Taurus PT 140 Millennium Pro with Crimson Trace in trade at the Canby  gunshow last weekend. The battery died today. I called Crimson Trace and they are sending a new battery for free! I was also surprised that the lifetime warranty on taurus is lifetime---meaning even though I got it used, the warranty is still good. I am not a fan of taurus but that is a very good feature of their warranty.
Second generation NRA Life Member