You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
FORUM RULES--- READ BEFORE POSTING!
1. No advertising on this site without contacting the admin.
- This includes registering with a business name as your username.
- No commercial advertisements (selling products) are allowed on the forum. At the moment, we are no longer accepting sponsors.
Be aware that being a supporting member does NOT make you a sponsor that can advertise on this forum!
However, PERSONAL classifieds from members are allowed in the appropriate "for sale" areas of the site as long as you are not a vendor and it is your personal property you are selling. Under no circumstance are any members allowed to use signatures/Avatars/usernames of their's or other's business that are engaged in selling or offering services in the firearms industry. This includes guns, ammunition, apparel, training, license class, and ANY accessory.
NOTE - Please read the actual FOR SALE section rules before posting items for sale. Here: http://texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=8607.0
2. Please do not be ignorant or use foul/curse language. We eliminated the word censor, but please use common sense... Also, no personal attacks against other forum members.
(Admins/moderators have the final judgement call on this issue and will not argue about it)
3. No porn whatsoever. Any videos or photos posted with anything near NSFW (like swimsuit babes) should be noted as such in the title line. Lets keep this site safe for work.
Please do not throw something that is not work safe into the middle of a regular thread as well. Doing so will result in such post being deleted automatically!
I know some regulars have taken issue with this once or twice, but someone at work shouldn't have to be "surprised" in the middle of reading a gun related thread and then get in trouble at work over it. So, just "one little picture" is NOT allowed in an unmarked NSFW thread. Sorry!
4. Female avatars are allowed, but NSFW ones are not (this would create problems for people accessing the site at work).
5. No obscene or inappropriate avatars are allowed. Management of the forum has the final say on what is deemed appropriate and inappropriate.
6. Any member caught using web proxy will be summarily removed from the forum. Using a web proxy is slow and hides the posters true identity (cannot be traced back). This is done for one reason and one reason only - to cause trouble.
7. It should be noted that all posts here are done so in the public domain. Once you make a statement here - it is almost the same as if you shouted it out on a street corner. It is in the public domain.
Therefore - when one chooses to leave our forum or is banned (for violating the rules), requests to "delete all of your previous posts" will not be entertained. Threatening to sue will do no good as well, as you would have no legal basis to do so. If you are worried about the content of your posts - you shouldn't have made the posts to begin with.
Also, we do not delete accounts. If you choose to leave the forum, just don't return. Do not request for your acct to be deleted. Not returning and never signing back in accomplishes the same agenda, essentially.
8. Copy of News Articles - Under no circumstance is it allowed on texasgunforum.com to copy an entire article from another internet source verbatim and post it here. A member can either post only the link (directly to the article) - or the link AND a sentence or two (AT MOST) from the actual article. Failure to abide by this rule will result in the deletion of the posted article.
It is preferable that some comment(s) by the original poster be made as to why the article is being posted, but this is not 100% necessary.
9. All NFA rules apply. Please use common sense and do not discuss "How To" subjects that may compromise this site or yourself in particular. Discussion, sale or references to material that would otherwise violate NFA rules are strictly forbidden and the content and the offending party will be removed.
PLEASE keep all talk here legal - know that talk of converting any post 1986 weapons into fully auto weapons is the one No-No topic here on the site! Any such discussions will be deleted.
10. NO DISCUSSION of how to violate or circumvent ANY firearms related law (or ammunition related) will be allowed or entertained on this site. No EXCEPTIONS. Such threads will be locked down immediately and the poster will be banned from our website.
If our responses sound sharp or overly harsh, they must be under these circumstances and in today's climate. Texas Gun Forum will not be known as a forum that allows or encourages such behavior. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule under any circumstances.
11. Once again, Classifieds/Forsale ad rules and information can be found here: http://texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=8607.0
12. ANY discussion suggesting violence against the government, a government official, or an individual will NOT be tolerated. We are not that type of forum. This should be blatantly obvious, and one would think such a forum rule would not be needed. You are in the wrong place if that is what you expect, and no mainstream gun forum allows this type of behavior either...
ANY violation of this particular rule will result in the offender's IMMEDIATE removal from the forum and deletion of the offending thread.
13. No pro-drug messages or discussions of other illegal activities will be tolerated on this website! Doing so will result in deletion of the offending post and up to removal from the forum.
14. ALL links to outside sites for new stories/articles/whatever must have the FULL hyperlink showing. No shortened links that hide the actual domain of the hyperlink are allowed.
Because so many sites drop malware, etc. on computers just from visiting them, this is done for the safety of the members here. Such posts will be deleted immediately, even if it is an honest mistake on the poster's part.
15. Please don't let your VERY FIRST post on our forum (or even your very first 10 posts) be a public criticism of some business/vendor, etc.
Joining a forum and then immediately posting a negative review of a business as your VERY FIRST post is not a good idea on any forum. More than likely, such a person is just pasting in the same post at multiple gun forums. But, it shows you have no intention of really participating here and just have an axe to grind.
With no history of your past behavior here on the site, there is no way to even remotely verify your version of events - and your comments could be slanderous as far as the staff at our forum would know.
SUCH POSTS WILL IMMEDIATELY BE REMOVED, and the offender will be sanctioned... Up to and including a permanent ban.